Chapter 29

I thought about the advice that I.M  gave me a few days earlier, staring at the chocolate cake on the agency's kitchen counter. They forced us to do a strict diet but did not feel a bit guilty to put this wonder before our eyes.

Min Cha took me out of my thoughts by entering joyfully. She was litteraly floating in the air.

Min Cha: Ha Neul, we are invited to participate to Weekly Idol in 4 weeks!!!

Me: Noo really?!! I can't believe it!!

I took her in my arms and we jumped around the table with overflowing happiness. Every Wednesday night (okay, every Wednesday night when I had the time), I would sit in front of the TV and anlayse the behavior of each guest, the things I should possibly have to do, the segments that comes up the most often, etc. In short, I wanted to look good in this show, because it was the one I liked the best. With Running Man. But that will be for later. Really later. Maybe never.

I left the kitchen to go to Jae's Office. He called me yesterday, but I couldn't come so here I was.

I knocked and I heard him shout "You can come in."

He was on his computer and was working on something. I sat on one of the two chairs in front of his desk and remained silent. He finally laid eyes on me and apologized for not having said hello earlier.

Me: Why did you want to see me?

Jae: Well, the agency received a call yesterday.

I didn't know why, I felt bad about it.

Jae: And it doesn't look very good for you...

Me: What?!

Jae: Just kidding.

He looked at me with a so dramatic look that I almost thought he was going to tell me that my career was over.

Me: Idiot, you scared me.

Jae: Hehe, sorry. So in fact, the agency did receive a call about you. But we couldn't decide anything without telling you before. As you must know, the next season of Unpretty Rapstar is almost here and-

Me: No!! They want me to participate??

Jae: Yes and they have high expectations regarding your rapping.

Me: Wow... I can't believe it. Yet I haven't rapped in public that much.

Jae: That's true, but we have several videos of you rapping. We sent some in different TV stations that may be potentially interested in having you as a guest. Sorry for not having warned you first.

This day was getting better and better. Who else to tell me another invitation on a TV show?

I can announce it during dinner tonight. Speaking of which, I should probably go to clean the dormitory before getting ready.

Suk Hee was the messiest. Min Cha was not, but she wasn't the one to clean either. Housekeeping was not my greatest passion, but I liked when it was done my way, so I didn't complain.

Hours later, Suk Hee entered the apartment without even closing the door. She made her way to me and held up a bag before my eyes.

Suk Hee: I bought you a dress for tonight!

Me: Oh, but you didn't have to. I would have just borrowed you one or go buy one myself.

Suk Hee: Oh no worries, pay me back later.

Ahh... This kind of poisoned gifts. She's the kind of person who does that.

Me: Well, thank you.