Chapter 14: I Miss Her More Than Anything (Final)

This is the last chapter/epilogue thingy<3 I hoped you enjoyed reading and thank you so very for the lovely comments and votes c:

I truely love you all, and I can't wait for you to read my next story

___

Alan shakily sat in the waiting room, twiddling his thumbs. It’s been two months since Harper has been gone and he couldn’t do it anymore. He couldn’t deal with the guilt, and he missed her so much. He couldn’t believe how stupid he had acted. How could he have not seen the signs?

He lost all contact with Nicole. She turned out to be a total bitch, anyways. Harper was always the one Alan should’ve been with.

“Alan Ashby,” a nurse said, coming out to him and smiling as she looked around the room that was empty other than Alan.

He got up from the chair and slowly followed the nurse to the therapists office. Austin told him this would help, but Alan was never really good at talking about his feelings. Austin also told Alan that he was an ignorant idiot who was too blind to realize anything.

“Hello, Alan,” the therapist said with a smile.

Alan nodded, not really wanting to respond.

“Alan, why are you here?” The therapist’s monotone voice echoed in Alan’s ears. It was the first thing he’d heard that didn’t have anything to do with him being a deadbeat for a long time.

Alan slowly shook his head. “I...” he cut himself off, taking a big swallow of air, knowing the next words to come of out his mouth could turn into instant sobs of months of pain and sorrow.

“Come on... getting it out will help,” the therapist persisted. Sherri was her name, but right now the only thing Alan could think of was her face. The beautiful face of the one he loved.

“I’m here because... she’s dead.”

“Who’s dead?”

“My... girlfriend. Harper.” His eyes immediately started watering as he spoke her name. She was so beautiful, but she was gone.

“How does that make you feel?”

“Fucking horrible.”

 ___

Lydia sat on the couch next to Austin with Satan in her arms. Her and Austin were finally moved into their new apartment together, and Lydia was slowly moving on. She always got that pang of guilt in her chest now and then, but remembering the good memories with Harper always made things better.

“She’s happy now Lyd, and that’s all that matters,” Austin said, giving her a kiss.

 ___

Therapy was a fucking nightmare for Alan. He was never going back to that hell hole ever again.

Once Alan got back to his empty apartment, he collapsed on the couch and grabbed an all too familiar sheet of paper from the coffee table. He ran his fingers over the neat writing, his eyes watering as memories of her smile came into his mind.

As he stared at the writing, he felt his phone vibrate. He took it out of his pocket, his breath hitching in his throat.

Harper: Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.