IV

"Lana," Eden called from upstairs as I sat on the couch watching some TV show that I'd never seen and honestly didn't care much about.

Sighing, I got up and headed up the stairs, leaving the TV on. "Yes?" I said walking into the room.

He sat on the edge of our bed. "Do you want to go to dinner?"

Honestly, I just wanted to stay in bed and watch sad movies, but Eden wanted to go out. "Uh, sure. I just have to get ready."

"Okay." He laid down, looking at something at his phone.

I changed out of my leggings and into a pair of jeans and white blouse. I walked to the bathroom to put some makeup on, Eden following behind me.

"You look nice." He smiled, standing behind me as I looked in the mirror. 

"Thanks." I replied as I curled my eyelashes. It came out more sarcastic than I intended. 

His hand hooked around my hip. "What's wrong, baby?" 

I turned around, so we were face to face. "Noting. It just-- I don't know."  I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, or anyone honestly.

He kissed my forehead gently. "I'm sorry babe." He mumbled and then left me alone to finish doing my makeup. 

About an hour later we sat in a cozy booth in a little café. The plants sitting in the sills of the big windows and cream colored walls made it feel bright and warm. It looked like the type of place teenagers would go on first dates or where kids would take their mom on Mother's Day. I liked it.

Half way thought our meal my phone rang. "I'm sorry," I mumbled to Eden as I dug though my purse. He hated when I was on my phone when we ate, but apparently it was okay when he did it.

"Hello?" I answered the unknown person on the other line.

"Lana? It's Marina." Her lavish voice rang. Even though it was distorted through the phone, her voice sounded as beautiful as ever.

"Oh, hi. How are you?" I asked. 

"I'm doing pretty well today. How about yourself?" She sounded happy.

"I'm good." I said. Not because I was good, but because that what I'd always been thought to say. 

I looked at Eden and I could tell he was getting angery. 

"That's wonderful. I was hoping that you and I could see each other again." 

"Um yeah. That'd be great." I said, nodding even though she couldn't see me.

I could hear her switch the phone to her other ear. "Are you free tomorrow?"

"I am."

"Perfect then. You can come over to my flat. Is that alright?" 

"Yes of corse."

She giggled, but nothing was funny. "Okay, great. I'll text you my address."

"Sounds great. Goodbye." 

"Bye, Lana." She said then hung up. 

I put my phone back in my purse and took a drink of my water. 

"Who was that?" Eden demanded.

"Marina." I said looking down at my plate of half eaten food. 

He looked at me, confused. "Who?"

"Marina, from last night. She's Chuck's friend." I answered politely. 

"What'd she want." 

"She asked if I wanted to hang out."