VI

"Oh my fucking God!" I yelled at the car in front of me, even though they couldn't hear me. "Learn how to drive, ass hole!" I sped up and passed them, rushing to get to Marina's house on time. My GPS estimated that I would be there at 12:32, making my drive about the drive from my house to hers about a half hour long, but that's if you drive the speed limit, and I wasn't planing on driving the speed limit. 

As I stopped at a stop light I rummaged though my purse, trying to find some lipstick. I pulled down the mirror, quickly applying the mauve shade. Then I texted Marina a fast message 

L: I'm on my way:)

I pulled up to her apartment building at 12: 27, only a few minutes late. The parking lot was small, but nearly half empty, so I didn't have trouble finding a space. I walked into the building, looking back at the conversation between Marina and me. She daid she was on the fourth floor, room 416. The building seemed drab and deserted. I hadn't seen a single person the whole time I was there. As I went up to floor nine the rickety elevator made odd noises. Fuck, I'm going to die in this elevator. 

Once the doors dinged opened, I walked down the hall, searching for room 416. About halfway down the hall I saw it and knocked lightly on the door. Shuffling came from behind the door and I could hear her unlock it. 

"Hi!" She greeted me as her front door violently flung open. She brought me into an embrace before I had time to greet her. Her hand rubbed up and down on my mid-back. I usually didn't hug people I didn't know that we'll, but it felt nice. She smelled slightly of strawberries. 

"Hi." I said as she pulled away, leading me into her appertment. It reminded me a lot of the one I used to live in. The walls were painted an unfortunate shade of beige that did complement the oak wood floors. Photos hung on the wall of the living room. Dozens of people and faces that I didn't recognize. 

"How are you?" She asked, making me realize how rude of me it was to stare at her home for so long.

"I'm good." I smiled back at her. "How are you?"

"I am delightful today." She walked over to her couch, resting her bare feet lazily on the coffee table in front of her. "Come sit." She endured me, patting the dark brown material of her couch.

I awkwardly walked over to the couch, sitting next to Marina, but makin sure to leave a respectable amount of space between us. I sat up straight with my legs crossed, looking uptight and snobby compared to her.

She looked over at me for a moment, her eyes looking from my face down go feet. "You look nice." 

"Oh, thanks. So do you." I said before I even looked completely at her. Her hair was in two loose French braids. Whisps of fly away hairs framed her beautiful face. It appeared that she wasn't wearing much makeup, probably just mascara. She wore a cute light pink sweater pushed up to her elbows with ripped light wash jeans, kind of a warm outfit for early spring, but to each their own.

"Thank you." Her white teeth showed through her rosy lips. "Are you hungry? Have you eaten?" She asked me, her head tilted to the side, like a puppy.

"No, I was running late and forgot." I wasn't hungry until she mentioned food. I probably would have went all day with ought eating, not even relaizing it. I've done it more than once.

She popped up off of the couch and danced into the kitchen, opening her refrigerator. "I could make you something. Or we could do out?" 

Due to the open floor plan of her quaint appertment I didn't have to get up to talk to her, just turn around slightly. "It doesn't mater to me. You can decide." I hated making decisions.