Dont be late

Today is the day. The day Henry has been waiting for and, honestly, Regina too. Baseball tryouts. Henry asked about three months ago and was more than excited when his mother said yes. It was a little surprising though, baseball has been a hard subject for a long while in their house after... After the accident.

Henry was running like a mad man through the house looking for the one glove he must have, according to him. Out of all four, this was the only one he wanted.

"Mom!" He yells, hoping to get his mothers attention. "I can't find it! Can you help me look?"

He's frantically searching his bedroom for the third time. He needs this glove. Not just any glove will do for this day. This is his first baseball tryouts and he won't do it without that glove. It's too important.

Regina stands in the boys doorway just watching him with a smirk on her face. "I have it right here." She smiles as he snaps his head up from looking under his bed with a relieved look plastered all over his face. She has the glove hanging off her finger.

"You are a life saver!" He beams while leaping off the floor, quickly grabbing the glove, and placing it inside his baseball bag.

"Uhm, a simple thank you would suffice?" Regina smirks at her now fifteen year old. Henry grins at his mother.

"Thank you, mom. I don't know what I would have done if I'd lost it forever." His grin slowly fades as the memory finds its way back into his mind. His eyes hit the floor.

Nothing was said between either of them, but it only lasted about a minute before Regina inhales a deep breath then sighs. "Yes, well, I wouldn't be too happy either. Luckily we found it and don't have to worry anymore." She lifted the boys head with two fingers under his chin. A very small, sympathetic smile on her lips. Henry just nodded and bit his lip in response. It's been a rough two years for him after the accident.

The reason this glove is so important is because it was Henry's father's. Daniel had passed a couple years ago from a deadly head on collision involving him and a drunk driver. Killing both drivers instantly. Henry has never been the same since. Daniel was a baseball player. Almost made it to MLB if it wasn't for that fateful night. A few weeks prior to the accident, he gave Henry one of his old gloves for his birthday and taught him how to play. After Daniel's death, Henry never wanted to play baseball again. He never picked up the glove or a bat, since the day after the funeral. Not until about six months ago when a man named Robin moved to their neighborhood with a son, Roland, who was learning to play for a little league team. Roland was only six, but it never stopped Henry from becoming friends with the young boy and his father. Henry decided to open up to the idea of baseball again after Roland insisted Henry help teach him how to catch.

Regina found Robin quite interesting as well, but she kept that part to herself. They became great friends, thanks to their boys. She, of course, didn't see it going anywhere considering she pretty much kept to herself and stayed away from men after Daniels death. She claimed it was "too soon" but after two years she was just afraid.

Henry was finally packed and ready to go. After what felt like hours upon hours, they were ready to leave the house. "Alrighty, lets get going before you're late." She stated as she grabbed her purse and keys. Henry nodded and put his hat on then ran out the door, heading to the car. With Henry buckled in the seat beside her, she drove off to the field.

Robin called earlier that day saying he and Roland would both be there to support Henry. That was her motivation for not being late.

A/N
So this is my first official fanfic. I'm sorry if it's bad lol. I'm trying. But if you read, I would like feedback if you could. 😊
P.S.
MLB stands for Major League Baseball. Just if you didn't know.