The Change

Okay, wow.. it's been a while. Two years in fact. But I feel bad leaving this story unfinished, so I'm gonna attempt to bring it back and give everyone who loves it a proper ending. I apologize for leaving it for so long, life became very busy. But I'm here now and I'm gonna try this again.

_________________________

Robin and Regina wake the next morning tangled in each other. Her leg over his, head on his chest and their hands twined together between them on his stomach. Robin was the first to wake, but he made no movements. Wouldn't dare wake the sleeping beauty beside him. She looked so pretty, asleep, naked, and... snoring? Oh, she snored, and it's adorable. Not heavy, in fact, it's soft, like a little breeze with a soft wheeze attached. He couldn't help the chuckle that rumbled through his chest, stopping it instantly in hopes he didn't wake her. He didn't, which was a relief after the night they had. Slowly, he slid his arm out from under her, resulting in her moaning softly, but not waking. Only rolling over and making it easier for him to slip out of the bed. The snoring stopped, unfortunately, but at least she was still asleep. He tip-toed to his clothes, slipping them on and turning one last time at Regina. He sighed happily, recalling everything that happened last night. She was truly herself with him and it was the most beautiful thing in the world. Quietly, Robin reached for his room key to her room across the hall and left, knowing their two boys were alone the whole night and needed to be checked on.

Another thirty minutes pass and Regina was only just starting to wake up. Giving a soft 'hm' and rolling over to cuddle into the warmth of Robin, but she found cold sheets instead. A frown settled on her face when her eyes open to be met with nothing but a pillow in his place. He left? She furrowed her eyebrows. Why would he just go? She thought last night was great, a huge step in their forming relationship, if that was what you could call it? Did he not think the same thing? Did he even stay any after she fell asleep? Sitting up, Regina sighed, noticing all his things were gone. As if he didn't want a reason to have to come back in after leaving her high and dry like this. Her confused expression turned into one of hurt. Anger even. She felt tears burn in the front of her eyes, but she shook them away. No way was she crying over this, over something stupid she read too far into. Flinging off the covers, she hopped out of the bed and heads for her room clothes back on, obviously, slamming the door even though no one was there to hear it. She was just that frustrated. She needed a shower and certainly wasn't going to use his.

The boys were fine, still asleep as they should be. It's only eight-something in the morning. They're leaving today, heading back home and going back to their regular routines. Robin just hoped it's not completely like it had been before. He wanted a chance to be with Regina for real this time. He knew he had a lot to work on still, but he'd get through it with her help. Especially if they could have more nights like last night. He smirked to himself, picturing her writhing beneath him again. It was quite a sight if he were honest. Sexy as hell. Robin heard shuffling on the bed and instantly snapped out of his thoughts, they'd cause an issue he wouldn't be able to explain to two young boys. What would be worse is Henry would know and he refuses to hear those questions. Though as soon as he was about to check on his waking son, the door swung open and Regina walked through. Looking around at each of the faces in front of her. Robin's being the only awake at the moment. He smiled at her, but she ignored it. Grabbing her shower bag and walking into her bathroom, shutting the door and locking it.

His eyes widened. Not even a hello or good morning? Was something wrong? Did she regret last night? He sighed, standing and slowly making his way to the bathroom door. His knuckles rap against the wood.

"Regina? You okay?" He called softly.

Silence. He closed his eyes and let out another deep sigh.