Chapter 15: The End of The Journey

With high school ending, I had finally accomplished what a lot of people told me I could never do. I finshed high school, and was ready to move on with my life in Illinois.

I got butterflies when I was getting ready to move, it felt like a long wait for me, finally my dad got the u-haul truck and we began moving.

Jenny had already gotten a head start over to our new house with my little sister, who had just been born that year. The night before me and my dad moved, I sat in my room in silence.

I for some reason looked back on my life, the goods and the bads, the friends I made, but mostly looking back at what had happened to me.

I remember being told that I would never make it in life, that I was loser and people telling me that's what I'd be for the rest of my life and especially all the beatings and teasing I had to put up with just to get to where I was. And after all that, I silently shed a couple tears of joy.

I was so happy and determined to prove all the people who stood in my way, and told me my autism would be the one to bring me down. I would make an impact in college not just as a student but as an autism advocate as well. I would the one to let everyone out there with autism know that if I could do it, then they can do it too.

The move to illinois was a pain the behind. Why? Well, I have two dogs and they keep constantly fighting with each other, so we had give these tranquilizer pills to calm them down. And one of my dogs who is a yorkie mix kept in making raspy breathing noise cause she was having a panic attack from being in the truck.

And don't even get me started on finding a hotel that would accept animals. The trip was about two and half days long, which I thought would never end.

On the trip, I felt kind of weird with starting a new life but something kept hitting me like a ton of bricks. And that was I had no reason to stay or even go back to El Paso.

Everyone I knew, friends, family, they had all moved on. I thought back then maybe I'd be able to return there but if I did now, it would just be a baron wasteland for me. Who would I see? What was left for me there?

After a long trip, we finally made it and began a new life. I was greeted with open by Jenny's family who I always saw as my own, and was now ready for a change in me.

I applied for college, got a job, and really developed my autism more than I ever had. I gave speeches about autism at my college and continued to spread awareness as best as I can up until this day.

And there you have it, my story. It was a long journey, but you all made it. Congratulations, you now know how an autistic person sees the world.

I wrote the story to show everyone all around the world how an autistic person is. I feel that autism doesn't get enough notice these days.

People jot it down to kids just throwing temper tantrums, or just misbehaving, and that always bothered me.

I wanted people out there to have someone to relate to. To look at what someone has gone through, or what they have and say to them "I know what it's like."

This book was to let someone with autism out there who is going through a rough time to know that this person is telling them, "don't be ashamed of who you are."

So by reading this story, you can probably get the idea if what it's like to have autism. You now know how an autistic person handles situations, and sees the world.

Thank you for joining on this journey and understanding the world with me.

Hopefully now you can see "Through The Eyes of A Spectrum."