oo. milk intro

(song — dream a little dream of me by the mamas & papas)

"Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singin' in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me"

•••

she's standing when she raises her left hand, pale from sitting in the shade too long and ruffles her hair that's been bleached to oblivion. leans in closer to inspect the lighter patch of hair and skin on her forehead for no other reason than that she was in the mood to. she never had any reason to think anything was wrong with it. that was until kids began pointing it out to her back when she started high school. it was only then that she realised it was out of the ordinary. however, it didn't phase her all too much.

she continues to stare in the mirror blankly and thinks about what she wants to do next. how she wants feel. the manner in which she should act around people whether she's close with them or not. she contemplates the literal, the right now, in this moment. whether or not she should go out tonight. what she's going to eat for dinner, breakfast, lunch. if she'll find someone to sleep with, or not. there's only one person she wants to sleep with and that's not gonna happen any time soon. endless. she yawns, drops her hand to touch her oversized white t-shirt and turns around to face her small window. she debates whether she should brush her teeth or just collapse into bed and wait for mi to find her. nai thinks clearer when mi's around, she's her clarity, her moral compass. without mi, she's stuck at a mental crossroads between sweet and salty, that would ultimately drive her insane.

she shrugs lazily and huffs out a sigh and decides to turn around and collapse onto her bed quite literally, face first, the sun setting behind her window casting honey-glazed shadows over the four walls of her room.