oo. honey intro

(song — brown skin girl by leon bridges )

"Brown skin girl on the other side of the room
Brown skin girl staring with her brown eyes
Ooh, baby, don't you know you're a cutie pie?"

•••

she's topless when she pulls her black mom jeans over her CK briefs and looks at herself in the mirror.

she bends down slightly to pick up her leather belt from the bed and slips it through the loops in her pants. she looks up and just admires herself in the mirror. breasts and all. her eyes roam up and down her body, head tilted to the side while pulling at one of the many many curls on her head.

people will ask her if she's vain and she'll answer no, but the amount of time she spends checking herself out in the mirror tells them otherwise. she isn't, she just has high self-esteem. she likes her body, she knows she looks good sometimes but she knows how to be humble about it. nai keeps her humble. she can be too much all the time and nai pulls her back down. keeps her from letting it all get her head, balances her out. the anchor keeping her from floating off into space. shoves reality into her face daily. nai makes sure she doesn't get lost in something that isn't real, tethers her to the real world.

she sighs and drops sitting on her bed slouched with her elbows on her knees and her face squished and cupped in her hands. she turns to the side, reaches for her black crop top and pulls it over her head in one swift motion. no bra. she hasn't worn those in sometime. too restrictive. under-boob is the new frontier.

she walks over to her dresser to drape her favourite gold chains around her neck and slips on those big gold hoops she loves to wear.

the sun shines through the window, its rays giving her room a golden glow that softly glazes itself over her brown skin.

she puts on chunky black boots over white frilly socks and walks out of the room, not before grabbing her leather bag and her keys, and makes her way downstairs to head over to nai's house. that girl is probably — no, definitely asleep again.

she's sure of it.

•••

a/n:

hello friends.

i finally updated this!

i have had a block for the longest and to be honest i still do.
i actually wrote these two chapters a long time ago when i had the initial idea for the book so it's nothing new, it's just what i've been meaning to post for the longest time but put it off because i think too much.

this isn't the beginning of the story by any means but i really wanted to give you guys something. so just think of them as prologues i guess and a brief introduction into each character. nothing too out there.

i really hope you enjoy it and i'm hoping to actually start writing this week, especially since i'm moving into a new apartment. new spaces, new ideas, etc.

thank you, love you

♥️✨