(1) one: -gooey-

part one (1).

(song: chronic sunshine - cosmo pyke)

"she said, she said, you're the man
i'm un-together and i'm having doubts
weed won't hurt you or all your plans
...
it could be you for all eternity
chronic sunshine's forever
you know that it don't really though "

•••

"aye! holla at ya boy, honey"

mimi pauses, about to snap before the fondness in the last word oozes over her like so. she closes her eyes briefly. a familiar voice. she sighs softly and relief fills her soul as she turns around and out with her reply:

"how about you suck my dick, jamal."

"ooh, baby if you had one...? we could no longer be friends," she opens up her mouth to reply before he interrupts her with: "i'd suck your tiddies though," and follows it with an exaggerated wink and a lip bite.

she rolls her eyes fondly while his laughter swirls around her, the light catching the sparkle in his smile.
"shut up, hoe," she says and playfully sizes him up. smooth deep brown skin, baggy jeans hanging low and white tee tight as ever. his gold chain has it's play in the sun, hair shaped up and wavy, she peeps the brush in his back pocket as he perches on his stoop.

he too checks her out in jest—as per their usual routine and something warm and viscous fills her chest, comfort, she's comfortable. she exhales and gives him a bright big smile.

he smiles back, "you really funny, sweet one. where's ya fine ass headed on this beautiful day?" smooth deep voice curling around his words like smoke. he pauses to hit the blunt between his fingertips.

she raises her eyebrow in return and says nothing, curls softly jostling in the breeze.

he gets this look on his face and squints ever-so-slightly. staring intently into her eyes, he continues with a statement, instead of a question, "...or do i not need to ask." as he says this he looks at her like he already knows the answer. nai. he mockingly widens his eyes and puts his chin in his hand like the thinking man. mi snorts.

kids on their jangly bikes ride past and around them, yelling and screaming and the sticky aroma of heated tarmac fills the air, swirling with the thick scent of the kush mal's smoking. the soft hum of cars beep and clank, about to leave town to have some fun with the daylight star in the sky before it goes away. the last day of summer.

the sun child blessed them with a halo and their rays and she basks in it as she glances at the kids, the cars, the road, the sky and back at him—not wanting to entertain his enquiry. sweat beads at her temple. his smirk widens.

she looks down at her nails briefly and continues to say nothing. instead she just winks at him with a small smile before turning away in the direction she was headed with a wave.

"all right, all riiiiiight, i see how it is," sticking the blunt between his lips again, "well! you kids have fun now! don't do anything i wouldn't do," and with that—he smiles again. big and wide like he won something he'll somehow lose if he doesn't.

mi replies in the sway of her hips—her middle finger rising back in his direction, her ring winking at him. his eye catches it, then as sudden as a crash, his cackling laughter follows behind her like a cloud.

"what, i ain't get a bye?" he yells to her belatedly, his words bubbling around his mirth.

she just waved at him. she laughs a small laugh and shakes her head, replying as soft and smooth as ever,

"bye, jamal"

•••

a/n:

oh wow i finally did it. are you proud of me?
i'm sorry for the wait. i promised myself i wouldn't be one of those authors that take forever to update but it seems i have become one. you win some you lose some i guess.

part two coming soon!
new character! i'll be honest jamal isn't completely fleshed out yet. i don't even have a faceclaim, but when i do i'll update the character page. if you have any ideas for him, i would love to hear them.

i know, no nai yet, you'll see her in the next one.
i was planning to post it all as one chapter but i've been stuck on the second half for the longest so i decided to split it. i want the rest of the chapters to be pretty long though, with some exceptions.

i hope y'all liked it!
i hope to really start writing this properly and i'm super excited about it.
let me know what you think!

&z.