Chapter 4: Teleporting To Earth

(Mason's POV)

"Mr. Bolts." I gave him a curt nod in reply, "How are you today?"

"Fine, thank you for asking. Anyhow, I was recently informed that the Council had chosen your family to travel to Earth," He spoke, his voice laced with excitement, "And they wanted me to inform you that you are to leave today."

My eyes widen in surprise. "But I thought I'd be going to Earth in two more weeks," I said, looking at him in disbelief. He had to be kidding.

"Our technological advances have recently been successful, to the point where we were able to create your teleportation devices faster than ever! Exciting isn't it?" I nodded, not really caring, as he continued on, "Anyways, we are getting off topic. Any minute now your parents will be here to pick your up. You will be immediately brought to the council, and will discuss preparations that will be needed before you leave." Mr. Bolt replied, as I just sighed.

I wasn't even given the chance to say goodbye to anyone, but I guess they hadn't because I really had no one to say goodbye too. All my 'friends' were really just others of the same social status. I hadn't really shared a connection with any of them anyways.

Principal Bolt's continued to show me his enthusiasm about the trip, and told me many thing about Earth that I'd already known, but I didn't want to dampen his mood so I just listened. My parents had eventually showed up around ten or so minutes later, and I was quite annoyed that I had to wait so long.

"Well someone's in a bitter mood," My father commented, as he smile while I just rolled my eyes, pushing down all things that had told me to smile back.

"Let's just say I'm not exactly thrilled," I replied, trying to keep a straight face as my mother just laughed.

"You'll love it there, we all will," She said, as her smile brightened, "It'll be great." I couldn't stop the small smile that broke onto my face, and my father patted my back.

"There's the son I know."

We all entered the spacecraft, and I glanced out the window, taking a mental image of the place I'd never return to. A place I will never lay eyes on again.

.....

We finally arrived, and exited our spacecraft. We were escorted to the Council by a gruff man, who didn't even utter a word our way. When we entered the room, I was taken back by how many people had come just to watch this go down. I guess change is so rare here, that almost everyone would take a chance to watch it go down.

"Greetings," One of the members voice boomed over the crowd, "feel free to take a seat before we begin discussing the trip." Taking a seat in one of the chairs, I felt myself tense at the fact I knew this could be the last time I saw anyone in this room, if the mission fails, and we cannot return. A few minutes passed, and my parents continued to chat besides me about Earth, and how excited they were to experience their cultures. Too bad I wasn't feeling the same about the situation.

Suddenly, the Head Council member beckoned my parents over, leaving me to sit alone, and dwell on the fact that this was actually happening. When my parents returned, they had worried, and frightened eyes, and almost immediately I sprung from my chair, walking over to them.

"What's wrong?!" I asked, "Is everything okay?"

"The Head Council Member.... She said that the one who turns human on Earth is required to stay there, forever. That they are never welcomed back." My mother whispered out, dread washing over her.

"But why?" I questioned, "It isn't fair."

One of the Council members stepped in, "Be we're vampires, Mason! If a human came here.... Well it's a suicide mission. Our kind crave blood, and humans are body bags filled with it! Only a little taste, or even smell, could cause us to lose control."

"And if I were to turn to a human, then what?" I asked frustrated, "You'd leave me on Earth without any parents? How would I survive on my own?" It's now I don't even remember why we agreed in the first place.

"If it were to happen, then we would assign one of your parents to stay with you. However, if you didn't want them to stay, we'd have them gone in the blink of an eye."

"And why would I not want them to stay?" I was beginning to get irritated.

"They would most likely drain you dry, parent or not! Have you not been listening to what we have been saying the past few minutes? We all have urges, and we will always act on them. Family or friends."

Ignoring his words, I turned towards my mother. "Mom we can't do this okay? I mean why us? Out of every vampire that would like to be a human why us?" No one answered, and the room was silent. Other were gaping at all the commotion, surprised I was trying to turn down a deal that others have been waiting for.

"Honey, we've been planning this for a while now. There may be some consequences but we'll figure it out. We always do," She gave a reassuring smile, but I didn't budge. Crossing my arms, I gave the Council an icy glare, knowing that if I were to ever see them again after this, I'd give no mercy.

I looked towards my mother, trying to convince her we have to stay, but I could tell by the look in her eyes, she had already made up her mind. My shoulders slumped in defeat, and I realized there was nothing I could do. The council set up the teleporters, activating them as I felt myself stiffen.

"It's time," My mother said, as I took in a deep breath.

My father was the first to walk towards his, and my mother followed. I stood frozen to the ground, and my mother looked back at me. She held out her hand, and I grabbed it. She led me in front of my teleporter, before heading back to hers.

"3," The council woman spoke, as I glance over at my mother and father.

"2." I take a step forward, feeling the pull of the device nearly suck me in."

"1." I squeeze my eyes shut, before taking the leap of faith, entering the Teleporter, unaware of what would await me on the other side.  

...
Yasssss time to get serious lol. Hey guys go follow H_M_I_D that's my bestie right there. She tells stories about us and our friends and the crazy shit we do.