Chapter 8: The Place I Took Her

(Mason's POV)

"'Candy's Ice Cream Parlor'?" She questioned, giggling slightly at the end, "What a perfect place to discuss 'top secret' information."

I had been told to go here, and after I'd found it I couldn't help but be impressed by the technology inside.

"But the inside Gabriella," I said, "That's where the excitement lies."

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yeah, a bunch of old tables, and a few gumball machines are quite fascinating," I could hear the sarcasm in her voice.

Now it was my turn to be confused.

"You can't see it? The computers, the transmitters, the-"

"Alright I'm going to have to stop you right there. There is nothing inside." Then I remembered the fabricators.It was a device that was used to change the surroundings of any room it was placed in. Whenever someone unwanted tried to enter the council's meeting without permission, they'd only be able to see an empty room. It was a way we kept everything secret, and even though it was a useful device I'd hate being tricked like that.

"Try to open the door," I motioned towards the glass doors, and I saw her roll her eyes. She walked to the doors, and attempted to pull them open, and they stayed locked in their place.

"Mason, we're in an abandoned part of the mall. I'd doubt they'd keep the doors unlocked." She went to turn away, and I walked up to the doors, pulling them with ease. Her eyes widened, "Well dang Superman, way to show off."

We walked in, and when I noticed the small black device sitting in the middle of the room, I attempted to deactivate it and all the lights flickered for a moment, but nothing changed.

"Well, are you going to tell me?" Gabriella asks, and I realize why it won't work. The council doesn't want me to tell her.

"So, I'm new in town, and I was wondering if you'd show me around?" I said, trying to divert the conversation, and she just looked blankly at me.

"That's not what I asked," She said, "And I came all this way to find out. So Mason, what was that back in the bathroom?"

I sighed, "I want to tell you, I really do, but I can't. I don't know you well enough, and that's why I propose we hang out more after this. Then I could tell you, but for now can we drop it?"

She huffed, and opened her mouth as if to oppose to the proposition, but stopped when she sa the pleading look on my face. She sighed.

"Fine, but when I show you around there's no complaining cause I am not going to drag you around while you moan about it the whole time. Capeesh?" She spoke, trying to act serious, but deep down I knew she was amused.

I nod, grinning at her, and then we both begin to chat. That is, until she realises the time.

"It's getting late Mason, and the mall is about to close. Do you need a ride home or anything?" She asked, and I just nodded my head 'no.' We exchanged numbers, and she gave me a small smile, and I knew if I had told her what was really going on she wouldn't be smiling.

I couldn't tell her how I had nowhere to sleep tonight, and that I didn't have a clue to where my family was. Heck, I don't even know if they're alive. Suddenly, she leaned towards me, wrapping her arms around me, giving me a small hug, and then pulled away waving goodbye. She trudged up the staircase, leaving me to bask in my own thoughts, and I went back towards the light source, turning off the lights completely. Then I sat in the room on my own, thinking about the one girl who I believed would make my life on Earth slightly more bearable.  

....
Finally made a new chapter!! Comment any questions you want to ask that will give me new ideas lol. Also thanks to H_M_I_D for helping me come up with this chapter.