Chapter 22

*Carl's POV*

Andrea left yesterday, she went back to Woodbury, where she's been staying for a while. Turns out, she knew Michonne and they were together since we left the farm. My dad is going to meet with the Governor about a truce, but I'm hoping that he'll kill him for hurting and murdering some of our people.

Noelle has been getting better with the loss of her hand, she can do quite a bit on her own now. Of course, I'm there to help her if she needs it. Danielle has gotten used to people dying and she never cried about any of it. That kid is tough.

"Carl?" Noelle called.

"Up here, babe!" I answered.

I was sitting in the guard tower. I heard her coming up the steps, and I opened the latch on the door so she could come up.

"Hi, honey," she said as she sat down next to me.

"Hey," I said and kissed her cheek.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Just keeping watch, nothing new," I paused, "some week we've had, huh?"

"Yeah, it's been pretty crazy," she said and smoothed out her hair.

She looked out at the sun that was setting. Her eyes were shining in the pink and orange sky. I'm surprised that she had actually fallen for me. A gorgeous girl like her, I don't even think she knows how amazing she is or how lucky I am to have her.

"Wow. So beautiful," I said, looking at her.

"Yeah I know, I haven't seen a sunset like this in forever." She said, still looking out at the sky.

"No, I wasn't talking about the sky." I said and she turned to me.

"Oh stop!" She blushed and hit my arm lightly.

It fell silent, and she placed her hand on my face and tilted her head a little to the side.

"Carl, you're so beautiful." She mocked and I laughed.

"Oh shut up, I was just trying to give you a compliment!" I said.

"I know, I know. I love you, baby Grimes." She said in a baby voice.

"I love you too, Noey." I said.

She leaned towards me and planted a kiss on my lips. I felt her smile into the kiss and I smiled as well. Her hand moved up to my hair and her other arm wrapped around my neck. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I put my hands on her face.

"Carl? Carl!" My dad yelled from the courtyard.

"Dammit," I muttered, breaking off the kiss.

Noelle sighed and I looked down at at him.

"Yeah, dad?" I called.

"Michonne and I are going on a run, and we are about to leave." He said.

"Alright!" I said.

I took her hand and said, "he's leaving,"

She nodded and followed me down the stairs of the tower. When we got to the bottom, they were packing up the car.

"I wanna go," I said to my dad.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Alright, you can come." He said.

"Rick..." Hershel started.

"He's ready, Hershel." My dad said.