Dreaming

I walked home in a daze. Was the whole thing with Kai just a dream? Or had it actually happened? I was still beyond confused. I didn't think it was a dream, but yet again, how in the world of Infinus could someone jump off a ledge, into the ocean and just disappear? Even when travellers had met their fate, their bodies had always washed up against the rocks and never even went fully out to sea.
As a child I had never really had any friends. The town of Broken Edge was very small and isolated. In fact, if you went up to a traveller and asked them if they knew about Broken Edge they would probably just reply "What sort of place is that?" or ignore you and walk off. It was unknown. There were only a few other kids in the village, and much as I had tried to hang out with them as a child, I had never really understood them and they hadn't understood me either. So instead I would explore the rocks and forests around the village and sometimes pretend that I was a magic user and had magic powers.
My father had thought it was ridiculous, but my mother always supported me and listened to everything. A tear trickled down my cheek. But now they're gone. I thought.
I brushed that thought away and went back to thinking about Kai. There was something about him that either made me scared, or excited. I wasn't sure which.
When I got home my nan didn't ask where I went. In fact, I don't really even think she noticed I had gone anywhere, despite the fact that I had told her and she had said yes. I ate my dinner in silence and went straight to bed.
That night I tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep properly. When I did eventually drift off into an uncomfortable slumber, my dreams were filled with images of strange boys and crimson sunsets, along with an eery feeling that I couldn't explain.