The trial

Merlin is from BBC. So is Arthur. –sigh-
Last chapter everyone! Enjoy it!
________________________________________________________________

The day of the trial came quickly. Merlin had filled the time with sleeping and healing. Lucky for him, his magic helped him heal faster than any normal person would but it was still slow enough so it wouldn't raise suspicions. Arthur and the knights seemed to spend more time in the physicians chambers than anywhere else but the young man didn't complain. He realized his stupidity now more than ever. The friendship these six men felt for him was there for all to see and he made a silent vow that he would never doubt that again, no matter what people would tell him.

"Do you think he's strong enough to attend the trial?" Arthur asked the old physician who was giving his ward a last checkup.
"I think he is, sire. He can't stand yet though and he will need to put his leg up."
"We'll arrange some chairs" the King replied.
"Do I have to go?" Merlin asked quietly.
"Of course you do, Merlin! How else do you suppose to tell the court about what happened?"
"You can tell them?" the secret warlock tried. Gwaine, who had just arrived, had been watching his two friends and chuckled.
"Mate, you'll be fine. We'll be by your side. You have nothing to worry about." the sturdy knight said reassuringly. The servant grumbled something but let them help him out of bed. Gwaine immediately put a strong arm carefully around the boy's waist for support. They had to get to the courtroom like this since Merlin's injuries didn't allow him to walk with crutches. It was a long walk, they had to stop a few times so the raven haired boy could catch his breath, but they finally made it to their destination.
There were already a lot of people inside the room. Both servants and nobles alike. Arthur went to instruct a servant to get two comfortable chairs for his manservant before he went to talk to some of the court members who were already there. Gwaine helped his young friend to his spot at the front of the room where the other knights were already waiting for him.
"Merlin! How do you feel today?" Lancelot asked upon seeing him.
"Can I go to bed again?" was his short but clear answer. His eyes shifted around the room and it was obvious he wasn't feeling comfortable at all.
Before anyone could respond, a servant arrived with the two chairs and placed them in the right position. The dark haired knight helped his young friend on the stool and placed his injured leg carefully on the other.
"Thanks" Merlin whispered.
"You're lucky you get to sit down, mate." Gwaine said jokingly. "We'll have to stand trough all of this."
"Want to change places?" the servant retorted. Right on that moment, the King made his way over to them. He kneeled down so he would be on Merlin's eye level.
"They're going to listen to you first. I want you to tell them exactly what happened. Don't leave anything out, alright?" the royal informed his manservant. The young man nodded but they all noticed how the color was slowly draining from his cheeks. Arthur gave him a reassuring squeeze in his knee.
"It's going to be alright." he said with a smile. "You're not alone, remember that."
Merlin smiled back at his master and nodded.
"Thanks Arthur." he said and watched as his King walked towards his throne. The court members placed themselves on their chairs and all the spectators went silent. The royal took a last look at his friend and motioned with his hand that the trial could start.

The doors of the courtroom swung open and the three aggressive knights were brought in by some guards. Their hands were chained and they all looked terrible. Sir Thomas had a black eye and it seemed like his nose had been broken. Sir Ethan had a black eye as well and was walking with a limp. Sir Ulrick had a split lip and was cradling his right arm. Merlin turned his gaze to Gwaine who had started to chuckle upon seeing the three bruised man.
"What happened to them?" he dared to ask with a whispered voice.
"Let's say they didn't like to be arrested." the sturdy knight answered with a small grin on his face.
The young warlock shook his head and looked back at his three assailants.
"Thank you" he whispered after a few seconds.