Through Sickness and in Health [WinterIron]

Little Tony and Daddy!Bucky

Let's pretend that Bucky isn't a murderer and shit and he fell into the ice WITH Steve

Tony Stark doesn't get sick

That's what he wishes he could say - without lying and with very much pride in his voice because hey, that's an achievement. Right? - but unfortunately, being only human as he is and growing up with probably the worst immune system as a kid because of his size, he cannot say that he doesn't get sick. I mean, who doesn't get sick every so often? Even if it's just a sniffle or a cough.

James 'Bucky' Barnes doesn't get sick, that son of a bitch.

Tony hates him, he really does because the guy can lick goddamn doorknobs - not that he would, because for one thing Tony would ever kiss him again - and still be the healthiest asshole to walk the planet. It's unfair, because Tony gets sick the minute someone two blocks away sneezes and it's terrible, because Tony is dramatic and it feels like he's always dying and for fuck sake - Tony hates Bucky, he really really does.

Okay, he hates Bucky but he doesn't hate his daddy. Nope. That's enough to make the little one cry his poor heart out if he said he hated his Daddy, because he doesn't and how could he? His Daddy does so much for him, from giving him his bath and playing with him in the tub, from tummy rubs whenever he's feel extra sleep and cuddling him while his Daddy is practically forced to watch some Disney movie for the 100th time.

Yeah, His Daddy is awesome.

Bucky, not so much. Asshole.

Anyway, being sick is something that Tony wishes didn't happen as often as it did, but when you travel a lot - and whether it be to battle pink blobs that destroy cities or to turn up at business meetings in Tokyo because apparently people want to see him, but I mean, who doesn't? - you seem to pick up every big going. Tony hates being sick, he can't afford to be sick from all of the assignments and paper work that S.H.I.E.L.D, Pepper and R&D keep tapping off.

Rolling onto his side with his nose pressed into the back of the brown leather sofa, Tony curls into a tighter ball with his arms wrapped around his stomach and eyes closed. He's been having an ache in his stomach since Friday, it's now a Sunday and Tony doesn't feel any better, he actually feels worse, but then again he's a stubborn shit and remains cooped up in his workshop with JARVIS's watchful eye.

"Sir, If I may."JARVIS's voice drones through Tony's head and when did he start getting a headache?"I would advise you to be checked at a S.H.I.E.L.D medical bay for your own health."

"I'm not going to one of their medical bays, I'd rather die."Tony mumbles, wincing at the pain in his stomach and the pain in his head that is making him see stars every time he opens his eyes."And anyway, I haven't finished the new StarkTab™ and Pepper will have my ass on a plate if I don't have it done by tomorrow."

As much as Tony loves Pepper - and as much as she is probably the closet thing he has to a best friend other than Rhodey, his sweet honey bear - Tony doesn't want to deal with Pepper at the moment. As much as she's sentimental to the point of 'You can't work if you're dying' having something like a head cold or a stomach ache was no excuse not to work on something that has a deadline.

And anyway, the relationship he has with Pepper since the break up - which was around 3 years ago at this point, Damn, that's a long time Tony thinks - has been rocky. He always feels as if Pepper hates him for the fact that he's Iron Man, that he works himself to the bone and that he fell in love with someone else while together with pepper - but never cheated, he would never.