9) The Challenge, The Fight and The Threat

Two. Yeah! This is an accomplishment. *lazy stretching* Shall we stop here? Nah. I don't think so, too. I need more time to be on Twitter and I'm using this typing thing to look innocent.

Disclaimer:

Anubis: Opening of the Mouth. AngelicSpring does not own The 39 Clues, Neither does she own me. Closing of the Mouth.

(Long Silence)

ME: Whaa -?

Sadie: I know. That's what I always say.

AnuDie lives!

Leggo.

----- ----- -----

----- ----- -----

Amy had to roll her eyes at the statement. Fancy meeting you here? Have they forgotten that they are in their field? "Look, Meilin –"

The Asian girl – Meilin - put a manicured hand over her lips in mock surprise. "Oh dear! Wouldn't you look at that? Amy, the Stutter-Brain, Cahill is talking!" She glanced at the other three girls. "What a surprise, isn't it, girls?" The other threesome – one brunette, one red-head, one blonde – nodded enthusiastically and giggled. Then their smug faces stretched into a huge acerbic smirk.

Dan had enough of this. Those guys just had to mess up their day every time, huh? "Listen, dumpling!" Dan bravely charged at their group. Like lightning, the boys behind the antagonists made a barrier-like fort in front of the girls. Even the fashion-less guy stepped in front protectively. A blonde one, who is nearly as tall as Hamilton and probably the same age, roughly pushed Dan. The thirteen-year-old stumbled unceremoniously on the dirt.

"Dan!" Amy yelled, running to her brother's aid. Ian was suddenly near her. He held an arm over Amy's waist to stop her. His other hand was busy dusting off hay and grass from his navy blue Armani button-down shirt. He had his calm face on, but was radiating seriousness. Hamilton grinned like everything was going to be interesting from here on out. Ned and Ted looked plain disgusted and angry. They nearly killed their sister. They looked at each other thinking, You ready to kick some low-life butts? Jonah immediately wore his sunglasses to avoid identification, and plasted a huge smile. Phoenix squirmed out of Keight's grip, and rushed to help Dan. "You okay, bro?" he asked, holding out a hand. "Yeah. Thanks, dude," Dan said, accepting the help and glaring at the scene in front of him.

"What'cha gonna do, wimps?" the blonde guy demanded, looking at the two of them with disdain. He raised his palm again, getting ready to push Phoenix and Dan. A hand gripped his wrist. "That's enough, don't you think?" Hamilton declared, smiling dangerously. Ian made his way at them slowly and lazily. Ned and Ted had their sleeves drawn up to their shoulders like gangsters. Imagine professor-looking teenagers looking like they could kill hundreds. Yeah, unimaginable picture. But the twins have spent years in bullying younger students. Jonah slung his arms on Dan's and Phoenix' shoulders, looking mildly interested. He slyly scanned for possible weak spots from the enemy.

They were feet away from the Cahill girls, so the ladies had a hard time hearing what they were talking about. "What do you think are they going to do?" Angelle whispered excitedly.

Sinead shot her a look. "Don't you think it's an off-time to be excited about all of this?" she hissed back.

"I-I a-agree with S-Sinead," Amy breathed, tugging at her shirt. "Wh-What do we do?"

Natalie yawned. "Don't worry about them. They are boys, after all. They love fighting. Ian would have them crawling at their feet in no time." She beamed at all of them positively. "Without raising a finger."