Year 5

Five years had passed from the day the Malfoys welcome their little girl into the world. She was growing to look like her mother more and more everyday. Despite her young age she was mentally progressing which Hermione wasn't surprised to see as she herself was an early blossomer when it came to brains. She was infact the smartest child in her Kindergarten class which her parents openly bragged about.

"Well look at it this way, we know she is going to be at the top of her classes when she goes to Hogwarts." Draco beamed one day when he listened to his daughter talking about a show she saw on the discovery channel at her grandparents house about how the world began.

Hermione and Draco were currently cooking dinner, they were expecting Avril home very soon. Avril was out with Luna and Harry, Harry and Luna were her god parents. Hermione worried that just like last time Harry and Luna would spoil her. Just this past week they returned her with 2 larges bags full of books. Draco had to go out and buy her several shelves to make her, her own personal library in one of the spare rooms. Now when she was home she spent every moment she could in there.

"We are back" Harry called out as he opened the door.

Harry and Luna walked hand in hand, a gleam shining from their fingers from their engagement rings. Behind them walking slowly was Avril who had a half eaten apple in one hand and a small book in the other.

"You didn't?" Hermione sighed.

Harry held his hands up in front of him and smiled nervously.  "She said she already read her other books and needed new ones." he said to his defense as Hermione headed into the other room.

Draco smirked as he heard her growl. "How many this time, 20-30?"

"4 bags" Luna cut in with her angelic voice.

"Yeah she is gonna hex you Harry." He joked.

Hermione stomped into the room and stopped, her arms crossed and her foot tapping quickly. "I am going to make you pay for the next shelf if you keep buying her books."

"Hey atleast she isn't like Fred and Fleurs daughter she wants clothes dolls make up stuffed animals. Your daughter is easy to make happy as long as she is learning she is good to go."

Hermione laughed at his words, she had to admit he was right. The only thing she wanted for Christmas was a few books and nothing else. The one year she got barbie dolls and dress up stuff she threw a fit. She screamed over and over, 'I want a book!'. They eventually took everything back and set her loose in the book-mall with a $500 book card - They didn't let her get into potion and spell books yet that was atleast another 3 years away.

"So we have news to tell you guys, we just found out today." Draco said wrapping his arm around Hermione's waist.

"What is it? Did you get a promotion?" Luna asked curiously.

"Yes almost 4 months ago but I turned it down again, I can't be away from my family for that long. But that isn't what I wanted to tell-"

"-We are having another baby!" Hermione cut him off, practically screaming.

Luna and Harry gazed at them with happiness in their eyes and began clapping. "We can't wait to start our family, thank goodness the wedding is in 2 months."

Just then Avril walked into the room throwing her apple core in the garbage and setting down her book. "You and daddy are having a baby?" She asked in perfect words.

Draco got to his knee so his eye level matched with his daughters. "Yes we are having another baby, you will be getting a baby brother or a baby sister in about 8 months." he said in a sweet voice.

Hermione cleared her throat at her husband who recited his sentence as if he was talking to an adult. Hermione had made it a rule that no one baby talks Avril. Because of this rule Avril speaks in full sentences and uses the correct pronounciation of words unlike most 5 year olds.

Avril went silent for a moment just staring at Hermione's stomach before looking at Hermione with a look that only she and Draco knew too well. She was about to ask them something.

"Mummy, where do babies come from?"

Almost immeadiately the smile faded from Hermiones face only to be replaced with one of shock. Draco looked nervously to his wife and Harry and Luna tried hard to stifle their laughs.

"So same time next week?" Harry asked breaking the awkward silence.

Draco nodded, unable to speak beause he didn't have the right words. After that Luna and Harry headed out of the house - their car could be heard pulling away from the drive. Avril stared at her parents before she spoke again.

"Mummy I asked you where do babies come from?"

Hermione knew that her daughter had inherited her eager want to learn anything and everything. She didn't want to plant false information into her daughters head, or an answer that was along the lines of 'when a mummy and daddy love each other a baby is created', she wanted to give her the actual knowledge to that question but not for atleast another 11 years.

"Ask me again in 15 years" she said before she headed into the kitchen to stir the food.