The damage is done

Draco had spent the next 2 months under the spell of the love potion. During that time the damage had been done. Whitney was engaged to be married to Draco and was carrying his child and Hermione and Draco were in the process of a divorce. Draco had just recieved the papers and was reading them when a warm feeling began leaving his body, in its place was the coldest chill he had ever felt, the feeling itself reminded him of dementors.

Draco twitched a few times his eye quivering before it relaxed. Suddenly a series of visions flashed before his eyes. He saw Hermione in her youth, her smile started a chain reaction everytime he witnessed it. He saw the way he looked at her and the way she looked at him. He remembered the day of the Yule Ball, the day she cheered for him during the first quidditch game. The laughter they shared. Then just as quickly as it had began it ended. Draco blinked several times before he took in a deep breath and looked down at the paper that sat before him. He read over them, his eyes widening.

"What the bloody hell is this!" he snapped.

A lawyer stepped forward. "It is the divorce papers sir."

Draco quickly ripped the papers up and yelled at everyone to get out. There were shuffles and scrapes as everyone sitting in the room got up and left. Draco felt a presence in the room and got up drawing his wand. Whitney moved forward and tried to pull him into a hug before he pushed her back.

"Dont touch me!" Draco barked.

"Honey whats wrong?" Whitney said.

Draco jabbed his finger at her while keeping his wand arm steady. "You manipulated me, how did you do it? Are you a witch?"

Whitney shook her head. "You know better than that Draco. Pansy, I met her at the dinner party and she wanted to get back at Hermione but she was already engaged so she made a love potion for you so you would fall in love with me."

"I am not leaving Hermione, what part of that don't you understand."

"We are having a baby you have no choice, you have to do the honorable thing."

"The honorable thing is to be with my pregnant wife and our three children."

"I will not forget you, I know where you live you have a duty to uphold Draco."

Without waiting for any furthur words of exchange Draco pointed his wand at Whitney. "Obliviate" he murmered.

Draco watched as the effects of the memory charm erased every memory of the past 13 years. Now it was as if they had never met. Draco knew for her own sake and health he couldn't just leave her here. I mean aside from the manipulation she was carrying his innocent child. He couldn't just leave her here, surely when she had awaken from unconsciousness and her mind caught up she would be a danger to herself and the baby.

Draco drove her to the hospital and checked her in before he left. He made a promise to himself that he would keep and eye on her for the babys sake. After leaving the hospital Draco headed towards Malfoy manor. Draco pulled up outside and parked the car before he headed inside. It seemed as no one was home but he heard voices coming from the backyard. Draco stepped outside and smiled as he saw the woman he had always loved sitting with their 2 daughters who were cooing and rubbing her stomach.

Hermione looked up and her eyes widened as she saw him. "Avril keep your sister here in the back yard okay." Avril nodded her head. Hermione got slowly to her feet, cradling her stomach she headed past Draco and into the house. "Why are you here Draco? Have you come to take everything from the kids and myself?" She mumbled.

The past few months had been horrid hell for Hermione. She was responsible for single handedly taking care of their three -going on four- children. Clean the house, pay the bills and go to work to provide money for the future. Hermione was sure that after the divorce she would be left with nothing and she had 3 growing kids plus another on the way.

"I've come to say I'm sorry."

"That won't change the future Draco, the divorce is done my lawyer said that you were signing the papers today."

"I didn't sign them I tore them up. I didn't want the divorce and I never wanted Whitney."

Hermione held up her hands. "Draco, don't make this any harder then it needs to be." She said, tears in her eyes. "I don't want to welcome you back and us pretend like nothing happened and you end up changing your mind. I have to think about the children they shouldn't be around this type of stuff their minds are so fragile."

Draco moved forward and took Hermione's hands into his own. "None of this, the decision making was of a right mind. Whitney confessed to me that she used a love potion."

"No, you lie she is a muggle she wouldn't know about that, let alone magic."

"Pansy helped her with everything."

Hermione shook her head. "Impossible, what would she gain from this."

"Easy, seeing you get hurt and our marriage fall apart. She always  wanted revenge from you stealing what she thought was her place in my life but she gave up on doing it herself when she got engaged to my cousin. Please Hermione, I beg you. Let me come home I miss you and our children." Draco was in tears by now.

Hermione slowly shook her head tears streaming down her face before her movement turned into a nodd. Running forward Hermione threw her arms around his neck.

"Forgive me Hermione. I would never purposely hurt you like that."

Hermione kissed his lips before leaning into his arms. "Of course I forgive you. I love you."

Loud footsteps could be heard in the hall and Livelex appeared. She stopped when she saw her father and her eyes grew wide before she laughed and ran into his arms. "Daddy! I missed you" She squealed in delight.

Draco wrapped his arms around her bringing her into a hug. Suddenly Avril came running in the house. "Mum I swear I tried to keep her outside but she slipped away."

"It's okay love." Hermione replied.

Draco turned to see his eldest daughter Avril. She was now 12 and it was apparent she was home for the holidays. Draco pulled her into a hug and kissed her on her head.

"Dad" She said in a sing song voice. "I'm not a baby you can't kiss me like that." she laughed.

Draco set Livelex to her feet before she moved to lift Avril into his arms and swing her around. "No matter how old you get you will always be my baby girl." Draco turned to Livelex. "And you as well my angel face." Draco turned around searching the room. "Where is your brother at?" he asked.

Hermione moved forward smiling at her husband and daughters. "Scorpius is taking a nap, he has been sick for the past few weeks."

Draco's smile faltered a bit. "Sick for a few weeks? Why what is wrong?"

Hermione shook her head. "The muggle doctors said it is just a flu and the wizard healers said that its just his body fighting the magic. They said it should pass his system soon."

Draco nodded his head but kept his eyes on his wife. He could see it in her eyes, she was worried and that was one thing about Hermione she wasn't good at hiding her worry.