Only silence

2 years slowly trickled by for the Malfoy family. Avril was in her 4th year at Hogwarts and flourishing just like her mother. Livelex was now going on 8 years old and was growing excited for her moment to go to Hogwarts. Scorpius was walking and speaking with a vocabulary that was growing every day. Both Draco and Hermione were glad that all the children seemed to inherit Hermione's brains, all except one. Trixie.

Trixie had fallen behind on just about every milestone that a toddler her age should have met. She didn't crawl until she was 1 1/2 and still hadn't walked or spoken anything. Draco and Hermione took Trixie to a developement doctor who said that because of her stressed and premature delivery she could be expected to develop slower than others her age.

Trixie was sitting in the playroom staring at the wall while her baby brother was walking around and playing in the toys. It was apparent she didn't find anything around her interesting or worth her attention so she just stared. This worried Hermione as Trixie did this alot lately. She would space out and just stare ahead.

It was now time for dinner and that meant one of two things, Draco would spent his time trying to get Trixie to say something simple like yes or no or even mommy or daddy. Hermione on the other hand sat up in the bedroom and cried for the first 10 minutes.

Just like clock work it happened. Hermione brought the children to the table and placed food before them and just as Draco turned his attention to Trixie Hermione excused herself. 10 minutes later Hermione was back and her face was tinted pink around her nose and eyebrows making it apparent that she had been crying.

After dinner the family turned into the bed since they had a long day ahead of themselves tomorrow. The family would be going into Scottland where there was a doctor who specialized in children like Trixie. There they would find out what was wrong with her.

"Draco I'm worried about Trixie." Hermione began.

Draco sighed as he placed down his paper that he had been pretending to read and looked to his wife. "I am worried too but I just think it will pass. Maybe she just isn't ready to talk-"

"-Draco she didn't even cry as a baby. Normal babies cry when they are hungry or wet or scared but she never made a peep. Thats not natural. I had to make a special schedule just for her so she would be taken care of properly." Hermione's voice rose a few octaves.

"Okay calm down please love" Draco said as he set down the paper. He sat up and pulled Hermione into his arms and held her. "We are going to find out what is wrong with her and then whatever it is we will deal with it together as a family."

Hermione began sobbing gently before she nodded her head and sank into Draco's arms. "I'm sorry I just worry about her. I want her to be able to have as much of a normal life as possible."

"Every parent does but sometimes it doesn't go as according to plan."

Hermione slept in Draco's arms that night and the next morning the family got ready and got into the car where they took the long drive to Scottsland. After pulling over five times to feet the kids and use the restroom they finally made it.

The doctor ran some tests on Trixie several of them testing her strength, muscles, reflexes, coordination and her intelligence for her age. Then the doctor tested her hearing and speech. Finally they were done and Hermione and Draco would have answers.

"Your daughter seems to be hitting all her milestones except one, her speech. Keep and eye on her and if she doesn't start talking within the next few months bring her back. Other than that I think you have a very healthy daughter."

Draco and Hermione let out a breath of relief as they gathered and walked from the building. Draco was carrying Scorpius, Hermione carrying Trixie and Livelex behind them.

"Who wants to take a trip to Hogsmead" Hermione spoke cheerfully.

The family was close enough to Hogsmead and Hogwarts so a visit to the Wizarding World was in their sight.