Part 5/9

Rule #5: Never get personally involved. Remain detached and uninvested.

Emma and Belle sat at their favorite little coffee shop.

"So how was your date yesterday?" Belle asked.

Emma smiled. "It was great. The zoo was even better than I imagined. And spending time with Killian is just-..."

Emma's voice trailed off dreamily. Belle shook her head. "You're falling for him."

Red filled Emma's cheeks. "Is it that obvious?"

"Only to anyone with eyesight and hearing," Belle replied.

Emma shrugged her shoulders. "I know it's fast, but I've never felt this way about anyone before. Not even Neal. I can't stop thinking about him and I want to be with him all the time."

"I just don't want you to rush into anything."

"Don't worry. We're taking things slow otherwise. I think my heart is ahead of my body. He hasn't even kissed me yet."

Belle raised her brow in surprise. "Really?"

Emma nodded. "Really. Although he did sort of invite himself into my apartment last night."

"Sort of?"

"He said third dates are for the lady to invite her date in for coffee."

"Is that a euphemism for sex?"

Emma shook her head with a laugh. "No. He just didn't want the date to end and neither did I."

"So did he end up kissing you?"

"No. We snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie. I fell asleep."

"I don't believe I've ever heard you use the word snuggled before."

Emma smiled. "What can I say? I guess Killian brings out my softer side." Emma paused and then went on. "Anyway, I woke up to find myself covered by a blanket and a note saying he had left so I could get my rest."

"Speak of the devil," Belle said, as she gestured over Emma's shoulder.

Emma turned to find Killian had just walked in the door. They exchanged smiles as he walked over to their table.

"Fancy meeting you here," she said, gazing up at him.

Of course, it was not a mere coincidence. Killian knew from Gary that Emma and Belle started every morning here.

"I spotted this place on my way to your office the other day and I thought I'd give it a try. Now that I see you here I know I must have made the right choice."

"The bear claws are my favorite," Emma said. "And when it's cold, there's nothing better than their hot chocolate with cinnamon."

Killian smiled. He loved to learn new things about Emma without the benefit of inside information.

Belle stood up, coffee in hand. "I'm going to head to work. See you there, Emma. Nice to see you again, Killian."

"Likewise," he said, as he took her seat.

He leaned forward. "This is fortuitous. I was just about to call you."

"About what?"

"About our next date. I was thinking Saturday."

Emma smiled. "Sounds great. Did you have anything in mind?"

"How's your mini golf game?" he asked, brow arched. "Worse than your bowling game I hope."