Chapter Ten

//Ash's P.O.V.//

I sigh loudly, walking alone in the dark forest. I look around for any signs of the village, where I need to be. Tears fill my eyes as i realize that I'm lost. I want to call for help but I'm too far away from the village.

I walk up to the nearest tree and sigh. I sit on the cold, damp ground, bringing my knees to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs, hugging them tightly. I rest my head on my knees, letting out all the tears I was holding back.

My sobs and the crickets are the only thing I can hear. I shiver as a gust of cool air hits me. I look upwards at the sky, expecting to see a full moon. I frown, seeing that there was no moon tonight.

I sat against the tree, in the dark, not knowing what was around me. I was left to be with my fears. I jump at every slight movement. This could be the end of me. This could be my last night alive. How would I die? Who knows if I'll be found. All I know is that I can't escape from my inner demons and fear.

I close my eyes, ready to take on whatever was heading my way, just to kill me. I clinch my jaw and take in a big breath, that could be my last breath. This is what I got myself into. Nothing, not even my senses and skill could save me.