New School

Alex's POV

When I got to the new school I got out of my car and looked around. There were a few of the students hanging out outside of the school, but most them were already inside.

While I was walking inside I noticed that many people were staring at me. That used to happen all the time at my old school. I don't understand why they have to stare at me. Don't they have anything better to do?

******

Don't you just hate being somewhere and not knowing where anything is? I feel like I look like a lost child with the way I'm just looking around with wide eyes.

After what feels like forever I finally find the front office. I walk over and see a lady, probably in her mid-thirties, sitting at a desk.

I clear my throats and ask "Um.......excuse me?"

"How may I help you dear?" she asks

"I'm new here."

" Oh....yes....Is your name Alex Woods?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Here is you're schedule and here is a map to help you get around. Have a nice day."

"You too" I say and then walk away. She didn't even get me someone to show me around. All she did was give me a map and I don't understand maps. Like they don't show you exactly where you are so I don't know if I'm supposed to turn here or there. its just very confusing.

As I'm walking I don't see the boy at his locker in front of me until he goes to turn around and bumps right into me.

"I'm so sorry" I say because I wasn't looking where I was going and I could've avoided this if I had been.

"It's ok" he says to me.

"My name is Alex"

"Colby"

"Well it was nice meeting you Colby, but I have to go" and with that I walked away. Colby what a nice name. He seemed really nice and lets face it he was really cute. I would love to get to know him more. Maybe later I'll run into him again and we could get to know each other.

I hope you're enjoying this story so far