First Kiss

Colby's POV

Last night my dad surprisingly didn't hurt me that bad. All he did was slap me and then kick me a couple times. It could've been a lot worse.

When I stand up my head starts to throb so I go get some medicine to help the pain. Once I swallowed the pills I went to the shower and got in. I spent at least ten minutes in there and then got out. I went to my room and picked out a plain black t-shirt and skinny jeans to wear with my red vans.

Then I ran to the kitchen to get an apple and then leave so I wouldn't run into my dad. I got into my car and then started the car and drove to school.

When I got to school I got out and went to my locker. When I was almost to my locker I wasn't expecting to see Alex standing there.

"Hey. I thought you weren't coming today." I said once I got closer to him.

"I felt better this morning and I don't like missing school days." He says and I then get my books that I need and he walks me to my first class.

The first half of the day passed rather quickly and it was already lunch time. I speed walked to my locker to put my stuff away so I can meet Alex at our usual place.

When I got there I saw Alex already sitting there.

"Hey Alex" I say and then sit down next to him.

"Hey Colby" he says and then we start talking about how our classes went and just other random stuff until lunch was over.

When lunch ended Alex and I stood up but a sharp pain in my stomach made me groan and clutch my stomach.

"Colby what's wrong?" Alex asks me worriedly as he looks me over.

"I don't know I just got a sharp pain in my stomach." I tell him.

"Maybe I should take you to the nurse" and with that he put a arm around me and walked me to the nurse. It wasn't a very long walk but the entire time the only thing I could think about was Alex's arm around me. When we get to the nurses office Alex tells her what happened and she gives me some pain medicine. She then gives us a hall pass and sends us to class.

"Hey do you want to come over tonight?" Alex asks me as I'm getting my books out of my locker.

"Sure let me just ask my dad." Of course I was lying. If I asked my dad if I could go over to a friend's house all he would say is that I have no friends and no I can't go anywhere. So I'd rather just not ask.

"Ok tell me what he says after school." He says and with that he walks to his class. I then get all my stuff together and walk to history class.

Finally after what felt like forever the final bell rang. As soon as the teacher said we could leave I bolted out the door and ran to my locker to put my things away and leave with Alex.

"Hey what'd he say?" He asks me

"He said yes" I say And then grab my stuff and follow him so we could go to his house.

When we got to his house we got out and went to the kitchen to get a snack. We got Dr Pepper and chips and salsa.

"So how was your day?" I ask Alex after a couple minutes of silence.

"It was fine. By the way Jace came up to me earlier and asked why I wasn't at school yesterday to protect my 'boyfriend' from danger" he says and then take a bite out of a chip "so what do you want to do when we finish eating?"

"Um....play video games?" I suggest.

"Sure" he says and then we finish our food in silence.

Once we finished our food we went to the living room and looked at the video games he had. After a couple minutes we decided on playing Assassin's Creed. We played that for a couple hours and then decided to watch some TV.

While we were watching TV I couldn't stop myself from staring at Alex from out of the corner of my eye. He's just so hot and I wish he liked me back but that's unlikely because he's probably straight.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asks looking at me. Wow I didn't even notice I had turned  my head.

"Um...well you know....I-I'm just you know" I try to get say something and laugh nervously while scratching the back of my neck.

"What's wrong Colby you look a little flushed. Are you ok?" He asks looking me in the eyes.

"I-I'm ok" I try to say as confidently as I could and ruined it by stuttering.

"Well" he starts and starts to lean closer to my face "then why were you staring at me?" And by now he's so close to me that all I have to do to kiss him is move my head forward just a tiny bit.

"I don't know" I say too transfixed by his proximity and his eyes.

"Then I hope you don't mind me doing this" He says.

"Doing wh---" I try to say but I'm cut off.

By Alex kissing me.