Chapter 4

I did not expect Will's place to look like this. If I had to describe it in one word it would be adorable. His house was built in round logs so it had a comfy aura, just like back at the cottage. The rooftop was dark green, and just like the others I've seen while walking through the streets, it shimmered when the sun rays hit it. Will's home was slightly farther than the rest of the houses so we had to walk for almost 20 minutes. I was a sweaty disgusting mess, thank the lord I remembered to put deodorant this morning.I have never had this much physical exercise since the end of the school year  and I was about to pass out on the floor. I think Will could see just as much because he said without hiding his grin

"Don't you look ravishing"

I shot him a glare and acquainted him with a certain finger I save for people who truly piss me off. He chuckled and continued

" Don't worry, my sister , Assana, is home so she'll be able to lend you some clothes and maybe wash away those awful manners of yours."

Boy did he know how to charm a woman.

Wooden fences surrounded the house and the vast backyard. Everywhere I looked there were flowers and plants sprouting out of the ground. Stones lead to the house's threshold and the name 'Soulman' was carved on the wooden door. As we came in the house, the scent of baked cupcakes filled the air and it took me all the control I had left to not drool all over the Persian rug. A girl who looked about my age came out of the kitchen wearing an apron splattered with eggs and ran towards Will to embrace him in a hug.

She was nothing short of stunning really with her lovely sun kissed skin and her black curly hair in an elegant up do with a few wavy strands falling out. She was slightly taller than me and ridiculously curvy. This city did nothing but lower my self esteem to be honest.

As she pulled back from Will, she noticed me over his broad shoulders and her eyes widened. Ok, time to make a first impression.I waved my hand , hesitantly smiled at her and said

"Hello there, you must be Will's sister Assana. Pleasure to meet you, as I can see from your reaction you have somehow heard of me , my name is Nesta and can I just say I love your place and I would really like to know what kind of conditioner you use on your hair."

Damn me. I always say ridiculous things in introductions. I turned a glorious shade of red when Will intervened

" Nesta will be staying here until the shadowrunners get away from our borders . You can give her new clothes while I 'll pay a visit to the manor to inform the High King of her presence, so you two can get acquainted without little me in the way. " he paused and resumed with a grin plastered on his face"Although some females might add that there's really nothing little about me"

He winked at me and left. I was still completely stunned when I glanced back at the exotic princess and she emitted a high pitch squeal that could've been chipmunk worthy.

" A giiiiirl, finally. Darling ,do you know how long I've had to endure the company of males and their testosterone! Far too long I say. It's so relieving having another set of ovaries to talk too. But let's get you new clothes now, yours are all ripped ,come follow me."

I followed her into what I guessed was her room since I doubt Will was interested in romantic novels and light pink walls. Her room was simple yet comfy, with her huge bed covered by a white comforter and various pillows. Assana guided me to her closet, and boy, did this girl shop. A wide variety of clothing attire occupied her shelves, going from simple t-shirts and jeans to beautiful evening dresses and night gowns. Some so risqué that I had too look away to prevent myself from blushing head to toes . She was rummaging through her wardrobe when she said

" Ah, maybe this"

Assana held the clothes up for me to see. It was unusual but interesting. She told me to go change in it while she'll get me something to eat. Bless her.

When I figured out how I was supposed to put it on, I looked at myself in the mirror and I had to admit it looked pretty badass. The top was a white elbow length sleeved shirt. What looked like a brown leather corset wrapped around my belly over the loose shirt.The bottom was simple, supple dark leather shorts ,that complemented my butt nicely,with  ankle boots. I tied my wavy chocolate brown hair in a low ponytail to keep it away from my face. Also, Assana gave me a dark green cloak and told me that it would shield me from the cold wind at nightfall.

She came in with a tray of soup sided with a loaf of bread and looked at me.

" I don't know if I'm wearing it right, I just thought it looked like an outfit in the Pirates of the Caribbean so I used that as a guide. " I announced, slightly tugging the dark shorts downwards.

She smiled and placed the tray on the bed and I used the last ounces of control I had left to stop myself from attacking the plate and look like a wild animal. You only have one chance at making first impressions, consider that as a lesson kids.

The soup was so warm in my stomach , I felt at ease for the first time since the whole chabang happened. Assana sat beside me on the bed and said with enthusiasm

" I just know that was gonna fit you so beautifully. But I can't wait for the festival tonight so I can see you in a dress I have in mind for you"

I almost choked on my soup.

" A festival? Me wearing a dress?" I asked incredulously.

Assana tilted her head to the side like a bird and answered

" You haven't heard? Even if you have only been in Terrowin for a short while ,I was sure Will would've told you.It's the Heir of Terrowin's seventh birthday. Seven is very young but it's symbolic here, when a child turns seven it is said that Mab, Queen of the Faeries, also known as 'Queen wolf', will bestow upon the young one his true..um..abilities. You see, he can either have common powers like helping crops grow or obtain rare ones . For instance, the ability to control the elements : fire , water, air and earth. Generally."

What.

I swear, this day just gets weirder by the minute.

Elements. Powers. Faeries. Queen. I started laughing uncomfortably and said

" Ha ha, um, what.."

She must've noticed my cluelessness because her cat eyes widened.

" Ooooh my, so Will really hasn't talked to you about anything I just said? At all?"

I started rummaging through my head for any information that Will might have told me that could add up to Assana's story. Well..

" He asked me once if anything weird ever happened to me. I don't recall.."

The image of  pine nuts leading me home and the gentle faces smiling at me from the trees reappeared in my head. But how could that have anything to do with all of this? Meeting Will. This hidden city supposedly called Terrowin. The shadowrunners.

Assana placed her hand on my shoulder ,I raised my head and saw her lovely caramel eyes filled with compassion, she then said

" Don't worry Nesta, we'll go see the Shaman later, he'll be able to provide you answers to your questions." She tapped my head in a playful way and said cheerfully " but for now, I'm gonna tell you what conditioner I use."

To be honest, I kind of wanted to know.