Chapter 6

I blinked several times and she turned back to normal.

" So you can see through the glamour" said a voice from Assana's doorframe " even if it's only for a few seconds."

Good god. That was strange. That was sooo not normal. What the hell are they? Nope they definitely can't go walking into McDonald's looking like that. Were those - elf ears? And her teeth, goodness, she could easily rip out someone's throat with them. But Assana's too of a gentle soul to ever do that. I glanced at Will leaning on the door frame. Was he also like that?
'If I wanted you killed, you would have been dead a long time ago' I remembered him saying earlier. No freaking doubt about that. My karate lessons would inflict little damage on him if it came to a real fight.

" I was planning for the Shaman to explain everything, it would've been easier,but since we're here" he pulled out the chair from Assana's desk , dragged it beside us and slouched on it.

" Ok then, we'll explain the basics..Firstly,there's 4 courts in total representing the 4 seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter. While the Spring Court is ruled by the Summer Court, the Winter Court controls the Fall Court. Some categorize spring and summer in the Seelie Court, so the 'good guys'. Whereas winter and fall are placed in the Unseelie Court, the 'bad guys'"

He started pealing off the wrapping of one of the many cupcakes Assana brought in earlier on and continued

" The people who inhabit the courts aren't what you would consider normal people. The majority of the population consists of fae and demi-fae, so half human, with no special ability in particular . Another percentage consists of us, fae who possess stronger abilities, like controlling the currents of the wind or water. Although some powers are more present in some courts, for instance snow is omnipresent in the Winter Court , it isn't rare to spot an individual controlling snow in the Spring Court."

Will stuffed more cupcakes in his mouth and crumbs were raining on his pants. Assana rolled her eyes and pursued in his place

" The Seelie Court, that includes the Summer Court and the Spring Court,is governed by our King Oberon and his queen. The Unseelie Court, so the Winter Court and the Fall Court, is controlled by the Unseelie King. Additionally, we have different beliefs. We believe in the 3 goddesses: Mab, Titania and Maeve. It is said that to become ruler of a court, the king has to marry one of the goddesses ,so he has one foot in this world and another foot in the spiritual world where he communicates with one of the goddesses. It's just legend though."

Ok. Recapitulating, their territories are separated in courts ruled by kings. The courts are filled with people like them , who are fae. Maybe similar to fairies like Tinkerbell. The thing is they aren't 3 inches tall and from what I can see and they don't have adorable wings. From what I can see. Assana mentioned something called 'glamour' that prevents me from seeing what they really looked like. I wonder if this glamour can make them invisible, since I've never noticed them and they live pretty close to the cottage.

Will licked the blue frosting off his fingers and further explained

" The courts believe in different goddesses, for example, the Winter Court believes in Queen Mab and the Summer Court believes in Queen Titania. It's funny though, because all of them say that their goddess is the real Queen of the Fae when it's surely the same individual. They simply look at her in different ways. Put it this way, Assana here sees me as her wonderful brother while you see me as an attractive male ,but I come back to one person."