Hope !!!

Start writing your story

Symbols that will appear in the story :

() character's thought

* sound 

: character speaking 

(y/n) your name

Your thoughts  (Man, What am I meant to do ? There is no way I'm going to get his permission.)

I dropped my head on my desk and I felt someone patting the back of my head.

Shii : What's the matter ? You don't seem to so happy ?

You : Mr.Editor...I'm sorry. No matter what I dot get permission to cover Misato...

Shi : I understand, but getting that permission won't happen with you sat here sulking, will it ?

You : Umm... I guess not

The editor struck a nerve. It only made me feel more miserable.

You : It seems like Misato really does hate the media. No matter what I say, he just thinks I'm the same as everyone else. I can't get him to trust me.

Shi : If so, there's only one thing left for you to do. You have to show him you're not like everyone else.

He smiled at me again. Behind the smile, there was another meaning. 'Don't come back here until you get that permission.' It was as clear as day light.

The club was open 24 hours a day. There were barely any people at night. There were loads of reporters around during day time. I could hear a noise. It was the sound of tennis balls being hit from one of the courts. I was surprised to see Misato practising tennis at this kind of time. When I was about to head over to him.Then Misato spoke when he was examining his tennis skills"No the swing is different. I'm hitting it the same every time." I looked at him focused in practice, not being able to bring myself to disturb him. Maybe it's best for me to go home. Just then he turned in my direction. "Is there somebody there ?" Hearing his shout, made my heart began to race. I knew I couldn't hide any longer so I answered "It's me." I stepped closer to him. "(y/n) you're still working on your piece at this time of night ?" He looked up and down and shrugged in amazement. 

You: No ,I'm not here for work this time !

Misato: What are you doing here then ?

You: I found myself thinking of you and my feet just lead me here.

Misato looked at me skeptically. He thought for a moment and muttered.

Misato: So you are not here for work then. If so...

He looked right at me and quickly moved towards me. 

You: (What does he mean by if so ?)

He looked at me seriously. I felt myself growing hot. Just when he was right in front of me. He requested "Do you mind if you practice with me for a little bit ?"

You: Huh? Practice?

Misato: Yeah, even just throwing the balls to me would be a big help. You can do that, right ?

He seemed to be hinting at something as he passed me a basket with tennis balls in it.

Then he suggested "Keep on knocking the balls over to me.And I'll hit them all back to you."

You: Am I all right to hit them lightly ?

Misato: That's fine, it's only for practice.

I took the basket and went on court. Misato was spinning the racket in his hands and stood waiting for me.

You: Okay, here I go.

I started to work my way through the mountain of balls in the basket. Misato sprung out of the ground strongly in excellent form. He sent all the balls back to where I was stood on the court.

He cheered "That's good, let's keep on going." 

I agreed. Down the left, down the right..now down the centre. No matter where I sent the balls across the court, it was like Misato could read what I was going to do and returned every single ball i sent to him. I was amazed by his moves, he hits them back even when I set up tricky shots. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My heart was pounding.

Misato: Phew.. Are you trying to make this hard for me now ?

You : Oh..you knew ? You were getting every ball, so I  tried to make it harder for you.

Sweat dripped down from his cheek and he wiped it away with his wristband. He stood there silent looking at me.

You: (What ? Is he angry at me ?)

I braced myself. I didn't expect to hear him say what he said next. "You're getting used to hitting it. You aren't afraid of returning my hits. (y/n) do you have some experience playing tennis ?" He looked at me puzzled and continued to spin the racket in his hands.

You: Well, I used to play some tennis, when I was younger. I guess I'm channeling from What I have learnt back then. Only if I had arms like yours though, I'd probably do a better job of returning the balls over to you.

With that, Misato left the court. He started to collect all the balls scattered around the court. I ran over to help in a hurry. He asked "Do you know where my next tournament is going to be ?" Without hesitation I answered " It's the Davis Cup isn't it ?" He responded "That's right. Well then, I'm off. "

You: Y-You did well today !

Misato packed up his stuff quickly. He threw his large duffel bag over his shoulder.

You: (He's as cold as ever. No doubt he won't bother to ask if we should leave together. )

Just as I thought, I heard someone call my name. It was Misato. "Yes ?" He stopped walking and turned around slightly. "My match is at 11pm Japan time."

He left me with that. I was rather confused (W-What did he mean by that ?? Could he mean..? ) I was left alone, stunned on the spot. In my heart, a faint glimmer of hope appeared. 

Phew ! This is such a long chapter.  I appreciate anyone who reads my book. I will publish the next very soon. So keep your eyes open :)