Game On ;)

One week passed since I was being assigned to cover Misato for Total Coverage. He still hadn't given permission. Misato is selfish and self-centred. Topics like 'He doesn't practice but his coach still likes him.'  'Without his talent, he is just an arrogant man.'  I've seen such magazine articles. But I've gotten to know him a little bit. Little by little, I'm beginning to see who Misato really is.

I was back at my office (The young prince of the tennis world ? The man taking the world by storm ?) I was resting my chin on my desk. I was flicking through information in magazines from other companies. (Every article is exactly the same, it seems like they've only looked at him subjectively. He has a talent that's for sure, but he has lots of other things going on him too. He has a burning passion for tennis and infallible determination. It's all because of his love for tennis. I wonder if that's the reason he hates the all the articles. )

The serious look across Misato's face during practice crossed my mind. ( I want to show the world the real Misato. But I have to first get his permission to do so.) I felt fired up and ready to do it. Just then Akina came and asked about my total coverage.

Akina: Hey (y/n) How is the article going ?

You: Nothing's changed, but now I 've got a secret weapon !

I had a big smile on my face. Akina looked confused and shrugged.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I ran into the Davis Cup venue panting. Misato was playing today. It was Japan against India. (Hmm...Where's Misato? ) I rushed into the media seats and looked around the court. After a while of searching, I could see him sat with another Japanese player on the bench. But he kept looking around the court restlessly. Something seemed to be bothering him. (Is he looking for someone ?)

I decided to cheer on him "Misato ! Good luck out there !" I tried to shout but my voice was lost in the crowd. I tried to shout even louder. Misato stopped looking around. He jumped up from the bench. After a moment, he stood looking towards my direction silently. (Was he looking at me ?) Misato turned his gaze back to the court and stopped looking around. ( Was he looking for me ? No way)

The match finally began ! The Davis Cup went on for 3 days. Each country has 3 representatives that compete. There is a single match and a doubles match. The team with the most wins becomes the champion. (Misato is up for the first match, I hope he does well !)

I got wrapped up in the atmosphere and punched the air cheering. Misato was sat on the bench with both eyes closed. He was tapping his chest with his fingers. ( That has to be a nervous habit of his. Perhaps it's a way to release some nervousness)  Imitating Misato, I started tapping my own chest. I just started tapping when he grabbed his racket and stepped onto the court. Just then, Misato took on an entirely different composure. He seemed completely ready.

Misato's opponent was ranked 15th in the world. He had a powerful serve and could move across the court swiftly. What would happen if Misato lost his first game ?