Epilogue

Marigold feels like she's dreaming. She doesn't want to blink because she's afraid that, if she does, she'll wake up and none of this will exist anymore. Everything is so beautiful and so perfect and it feels like she's just been sent into one of Ember's fairy tales.

Never in a million years did she think that she was going to get married again. She thought the first time was the last and that was all it would be. But she was so wrong and she couldn't be happier.

Harry's smiling at her like she's the universe and her heart is all over the place with excitement. Everyone that she loves is behind her and she's finally feeling like she's on top of the world. There is nothing that can bring her down from this moment on.

She's hardly listening to a word that the priest is saying because she's heard it all before and none of it particularly matters to her until she's asked to say that she accepts Harry's hand in marriage.

They've already said their vows and she's shed a few joyful tears, now it's just a countdown to the kiss and they'll officially be married.

Harry gives her hand a gentle squeeze and slightly leans to his left to speak lowly, "I'm going to kiss the hell out of you in a minute."

She does her best not to giggle and interrupt the ceremony. Mary's practically glowing as she leans slightly to the right to reply, "Please, do."

The two wait anxiously for the words that will seal their marriage and allow them to share their first kiss as a married couple.

Harry's just been asked to repeat when the doors to the church burst open and in strides and panicked and determined looking Alec.

"I object!"

It's a little late for that, and he knows it because he tried to get to the church on time and got held up in a ridiculous amount of traffic.

Everything stops and a good number of people gasp.

Mary and Harry turn around together and he drops her hand. Her smile is now a deep frown and her eyes carry a touch of sadness, "Alec, don't do this."

She has no idea how he even knew where they were getting married, all she told him was that Ember didn't want to come over this weekend because she's getting married and she wants to be there.

Alec shakes his head and takes long and steady strides to the altar, "I have to. I know I fucked up Mary. I fucked up really bad and I know that. But I can't let you do this because I still love you. I've changed and I'm not willing to just let you go without a fight."

Mary sighs and ignores all of the stares being cast in her direction out of boiling curiosity. She shakes her head gently, "It's too late for that, Alec. You had your chance and you lost it. You threw our marriage away and you let me go a long time ago."

A baby starts crying and Mary's features instantly soften. Ember stands up with her little sister in her arms, bouncing her gently to try to calm her down like her mother does. It's not working and she's not sure what she should do because everything just got so confusing.

Harry starts to move toward Ember, but Mary moves first and she's got their little Daisy in her arms in only a few moments, rocking her gently and softly telling her that everything's alright.

Alec's staring with wide eyes, his breath caught in his throat. "Is—Is that...?"

Mary smiles as Daisy reaches her small hand up and starts to pull on her hair. She's messing up a hairstyle that took hours to get right, but Mary doesn't mind because she's little and it's adorable. Who cares about her hair anyway?

"Yes, this is Daisy, Harry and I's little ball of sunshine."

Before he can gather the wit to say anything else, Mary continues, "I moved on a long time ago, Alec. I'm sorry if you can't except that, but it's the truth. I love him with all of my heart and today we're getting married whether you like it or not. It's not your decision anymore, you lost that when you left me for another woman. You're welcome to stay, but if you're just going to cause a scene, please leave and let me have this day. Let me have my happiness again."

He's silent for a moment and his shoulders slump as Harry steps forward and takes Mary's free hand in his again. The look in Mary's eyes and the smile on her lips as she looks at him confirm that she's meant everything that she said and it finally starts to sink in that he's lost her for good and that it's his own fault.

"I don't think I can do that. I'm sorry for everything that I did to you, Marigold. I hope that you can forgive me someday. Congratulations."

Alec turns on his heel, runs a hand through his hair, and leaves without another word. Mary wants to feel bad for him, but he let this happen because he sent her away. She shifts Daisy on her shoulder so that she's comfortable and smiles at Harry as they walk back to the altar together.

The atmosphere has changed quite a bit since Alec burst in, but it's still their day and they're still holding on to that same excitement that was present just before the interruption.

Daisy whines softly every now and again as she tugs on Mary's hair and looks around curiously. Her parent's smile brightly at one another as the ceremony comes to a close and their marriage is official.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Harry doesn't hesitate to pull her close and kiss her with so much passion that it steals her breath away almost instantly. He's careful not to smash their daughter in the process, but he doesn't hold anything back and Mary's head is spinning as she smiles against his lips.

"Now you're really stuck with me forever."

Mary laughs loudly, "Forever it is."

Author's Note: Thank you so much to everyone who has supported this work, it really means the world to me and I can't say that enough. I hope that you've all enjoyed tagging along to Marigold, Harry, and Ember's story as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

A special thanks to chloecorrie for ironing out some ideas with me and consistently being a great friend and a great supporter. I really appreciate you and all that you do <3

Please be sure to vote for this when the voting for The 2016 Wattys officially begins. I can't tell you how much it would mean to me if I won one, especially for this novel in particular. Thank you again, I love every single one of you! <3

xx Flora