Learning to Live Again (BoyXBoy)

WARNING! THIS IS A SEQUEL! But before you leave saying you’re too lazy to read two stories you really don’t have to read the last one to get this one…But if you LOVE reading then I’ll put the link to the last story on the side!

So this is the prologue of my new story, I hope you like it even if it’s not good…I wrote most of it during algebra….

Oh! If you do I’d absolutely adore some votes and comments ^^

It's dedicated to my friend, she has just written her first boyxboy. You should go check it out ^^

“Are you sure this is alright Noah?” the youngest of the two boys asks.

The older teen, Noah, smiles in assurance, “Of course!” he ruffles the boy’s blonde hair, “I do it all the time.” With that the two sneak out the small window of their shared bedroom and into the chilly night air.

The full moon lit up the dark sky casting off a yellow glow. It was late so most people were sleeping, leaving the slightly wet, from the rain that afternoon, streets unoccupied.

The two boys run down the street hand in hand, past the stop sign Noah was not allowed to pass when he was younger, and across the normally busy street. Gasping for breath they finally make it to their destination, the park. 

Of all the places to sneak out to the park probably isn’t the first thing that pops into your head, but to Noah and Sam it’s the perfect place to spend their night, or at least until the sun rises. They have to be back ‘home’ before that. Someone would surly know they’re missing it they stayed out past then. 

Home to Noah for the last 16 years was a dusty run-down orphanage. His parents had left him at the door at only a week old. Noah didn’t mind he’d always tend to look on the bright side and say something along the lines of, “I’m better off here than I’d ever be with my parents.”, and that was true he was in good hands there. But at times, when Noah was alone of course, he would wonder why his parents left him there. Recently, ever since Sam had arrived he’d forgotten all about his parents. He had fallen in love. 

It may seem hard to believe at the age of 15 (only a month away from 16)  you could fall in love with someone you’d only met a few months back. But sure enough his love for the slightly younger boy was true. It was almost love at first sight. 

Sam had been moved from foster home to foster home. He’d only stay a few months or so before he was passed on. It wasn’t until three months ago he had come to the orphanage; he had already gained 15 pounds and was now considered a healthy weight. 

Sam was hesitant to befriend Noah. All his life he had spent trying to find someone who really cared about him; eventually he had just given up. But Noah insisted that they be friends, he knew that it’s always better to have someone by your side than to be alone. Sam gave him a chance, he  didn’t fully trust the brunette at first but as the weeks passed he discovered something he’d never thought could happen, someone loved and cared about him. Sam was no longer the quite shy boy he had been before.  He would sing his favorite songs loudly; sometimes when he thought no one else was looking he’d start dancing too. Noah had knocked him out of his shell in only one month. It had been the best thing that had ever happened to Sam.

“This is so much fun!” Sam giggled kicking his legs back and forth trying to get higher and higher on the swing.

Noah smiles and pushes the boy as soon as the swing reaches back to him, “You better not fall off!” He threatens in a non-serious way. “I’m not going to carry you ALL the way back!”

Sam rolls his eyes, “Psh, like I’ll fall! I’m a master at swinging! I can get higher than anyone!”

Noah steps away from the younger teen and gives him a smirk, “Is that a challenge?”

“Maybe.” Sam smiles.

Noah hops onto the swing next to Sam’s and starts pumping his legs until he’s go as high as Sam.

“Ha, not so high and mighty now, huh?” Noah laughed once he’s swinging higher than Sam.

“No fair! You cheated!” Sam slows to himself down to a stop. Noah does the same.

“Nu uh! You can’t cheat at swinging!” Noah pops up from his swing to pat Sam on the head, one of his regular habits.

Sam rolls his eyes again as Noah continues to mess up his curly locks.

After the had two settle that they were swinging at the same height- it was all Sam’s idea-they calmed down a bit and decided to watch the twinkling stars.

“I wish I could be a star.” Sam confesses. Noah looks over at him telling him to continue. “ They always seem so peaceful. They never have any pain. They just sit up in the sky all day. I wonder if there are two stars looking over us right now.”

Noah reaches for Sam’s hand and holds it in him, “I’m sure there is Sam, I’m sure there is.”

The two lay on the ground for hours not talking just taking in everything. When the sun rises, turning the sky bright red, they know it’s their queue to return home.

The two hesitantly stand up brushing off the grass and the dirt that may have rubbed off on them while they were lying.

Thinking of the perfect idea Sam blurts out, “I bet I can beat you there!”

Before Noah can protest Sam yanks away from him and darts towards the street .

Noah shakes his head with a small smile on his face. He chases after the boy. The bright headlights of a speeding car causes him to freeze. Surly Sam saw it too.

Noah watches in horror as Sam continues to run into the street. He finally manages to scream, “ NO! SAM, PLEASE STOP!” But it was too late.

By the time Sam had turned around the speeding car had slammed on its breaks, however it was too close and its breaks weren’t in the best shape.

“NO! SAM NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!”

*sniffs* I was almost crying while writing the end…but I have a feeling everyone at school would give me strange looks (psh like they don’t anyway…)

So tell me what yah thought about it, was it good, bad, alright, horrible, should I stop writing altogether because this sucked so badly?

…I hope it was good, this is really the first time I’ve written in 3rd person POV...

 The next chapter will be MUCH longer and better I promise!!! Meh I’m not sure when I’ll get it out…maybe five days…I sorta like that…FIVE DAYS IT SHALL BE!

First person to vote and comment gets a dedication!~ 

Love yah,

-Sky~