Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen.

 Damien's point of view

Liking Noah is going to be a bigger challenge than I thought. Not knowing when I was going to see him again I've constantly stayed at the park hoping to catch a glimpse of his cute self-yeah, I've allowed myself to call him cute. However, sadly all my attempts have failed. God I miss him.   

I want to know what it feels like to have his soft looking pink lips touching mine. I want to hold him close just to feel the warmth radiating off of him. I want to hear him say that he likes me back. I want him so bad.

I thought I had liked Sam a lot, but compared to Noah he was like a crush a second grader would have. If only I could see him again. I'd do anything just to look at him. Just to see him once again.   

Damn, I sound like a love struck teenage girl.   

And just when I think all hope is lost here he comes trudging up to me with a pissed look on his adorable little face.   

"Noah!" I grin running towards him.

A sharp pain arises in my cheek and I realize what had happened. He slapped me!   

"Ouch, what the hell?" I groan, rubbing my red cheek.

"Buy me some food, dammit."

I'm confused but follow his orders and start walking towards the closest restaurant to the park. McDonalds.   

"I missed you." I smile embarrassed at how girlish I just sounded

"Shut up."  

Ouch.  

"Okay..."  

Luckily McDonalds wasn't that far. I figure once I get some food into the kid he'll be less grumpy and actually talk to me. Well I hope so...

I stare in awe as Noah finishes up his second Big Mac. I'm not even half way done with my chicken nuggets and he's already eaten two burgers, half of a large fry, a soda, and my apple dippers-I really wanted those.   

"You full yet?" I ask eyeing his suspiciously. It's like he doesn't know when he'll get another chance to eat.   

"Yeah." He sits back in the chair and closes his eyes. "God that was good."   

The old lady who had be carefully examining us the entire time looks bewildered at how tiny Noah is. I'm pretty sure he just ate twice his body weight!

"When did you last eat?"

"Yesterday." I'm good at knowing when someone is lying, and Noah had just lied.

"Tell the truth." I say concerned.   

"Okay maybe Monday? I don't know."   

My eyes widen. "Fuck, Noah it's Thursday! You can't just starve yourself like that!"  Now it's clear why he ate so much but I'm confused at why he did eat. Don't people who starve themselves usually eat a tiny bit?

"It's not like I want to." He says dully. "I'm just helping the younger kids. If I don't eat they get more and won't go to bed with their stomachs growling."

"Do you hate me?" I've wanted to ask this question ever since I saw him last week when he told me to fuck off.

"No." I become hopeful at such a simple word. He doesn't hate me, maybe I have a chance after all! "Don't look so happy, I still don't like you."

Sighing, I grab a fry. "What did I do to make you not like me?" I honestly can't think of anything.

"You smoke, you're creepy, you smell like smoke, your hands are clammy, when you talk I smell smoke, you seem like a pedophile-how old are you, and lastly if I even look at you that horrible smoky smell comes to mind."