Secrets

Alex POV

I woke up to my stereo playing You've Got to Hide Your Love Away by the Beatles, and in clothes I don't remember putting on. Last night played through my brain. I wasn't sure what to think. It felt great being in Tobin's arms, but I was in a relationship. I'm with someone else. She was right, I needed the night to think and I'd see things clearly in the morning. Maybe Tobin and I just aren't right for each other. We're so different. Polar opposites. But at the same time, that's a good thing. Being opposites is a good thing. It's almost like she's my missing piece. It's like we're the perfect couple, the lost soul and the fallen angel. A match made in heaven, the dreamer and the realist. A dynamic duo, the wanderer and the planner. The most magnificent pair, the risk taker and the rule maker. We're everything that the other isn't. I feel like we fill the void each other leaves. We love the other because they posses the qualities we're missing. Like two halves of the same whole. But Bri. She's never done anything to make me doubt our relationship. She's always been nice and caring. She's been good. But there's another problem. She was just, good. Tobin was...different. She showed me new things and let me see parts of myself that I didn't know we're even there. She showed me how to have fun. She taught me so many things. But no matter how amazing that is, I'm still in a relationship. Enough with the back and forth.
Speaking of my relationship, I hadn't seen Brianna in a while. I got up and turned my stereo off. I walked down stairs to find Brianna on the couch with a coffee mug in her hand.
"Hey" she said as I sat next to her. She gave me a kiss on my cheek.
"He," I said. "What'd you do last night?" I asked.
"Nothing really, just checked out the town. Hey I heard about your dad. I'm sorry baby." She brushed a hair behind my ear.
"It's alright," I said, "I'm ok."
"You sure?"
"Yeah." She kissed the top of my head.
"Cmon, let's go get dressed." We walked up to my room. She opened the door and went to her suitcase. She looked up and then turned to me.
"Lex why is that window open?" She asked.
"What do you mean?" I said.
"You hate sleeping with the windows open." She looked at me.
"Oh yeah I opened that after I got up." I lied. I mentally cursed Tobin, she knows I don't like the windows open. Brianna shrugged and went back to picking out clothes. I had just finished getting dressed when she bent down.
"Hey Lex, do you wear snap backs?" She asked.
"Um, no. Have you ever seen me wear an snap back?" I laughed.
She stood up and had a black snap back with PDX in white letters.
Well shit.
"Then where'd this come from?" She said.
"I had a friend over last night." I said nonchalantly.
"Well did you and this 'friend' have a strip party? Because the clothes you were wearing yesterday are in a pile on the floor, and if I know anything about you, it's that you can't stand clothes on the floor, and you ALWAYS put them in the hamper." She took a step towards me with an angry and confused face.
Damnit. One, I was mad at Tobin for being so careless, not thinking, leaving my clothes there and her snap back on my floor. And two, I was mad because she left my clothes on the floor! She knows how I feel about that!
"I...umm..." I stuttered.
"What's going on Lex?"
"It's not what you think. I know people say that all the time but it really isn't."
"Did-did you sleep with someone?" She asked throwing the hat down.
"No, I didn't, I really didn't." I said.
"Oh so what then? Just stripped and hung out?" She asked.
"Brianna I-" she cut me off.
"I just need some time Lex." She walked out and I followed her downstairs. She took her keys and wallet and left. I slumped to the ground and cried. I was so torn. I didn't want to hurt Brianna, we had a strong relationship for almost two years now. But Tobin is just...I don't know. We have history, I was in love with her, and might still be. I miss her. But she's so reckless, I don't know if I could settle down with her. But there's just something about her, it's so hard to let go of her. I didn't know what else to do, and what I did next, probably wasn't the best idea.