Breakfast

Alex POV

You and I would be just fine
If I was the one
To stay the day and waste away
But I tend to run

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be
I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be

It ain't fair, I don't care
Don't know what to say
Say the song, life goes on
I wish I could change

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be
I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be

Walk away, walk away

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be (walk away, walk away)

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be (walk away, walk away)

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be (walk away, walk away)

I'm too good at leaving love
I don't wanna be

'Alright, and that was the new single from Youthful Exuberance! I smell a hit al-' I rolled over and turned the radio off. That must've been the 10th time I heard that song this week. It was a week after Tobin and I broke up, if you can even call it breaking up. Needless to say, I haven't done much. I laid in bed listening to my radio, which with my luck, seemed to only play Youthful Exuberance. I was lying there almost asleep when someone burst through my door.
"Alright lazy bones, get up." I rolled over to see Ali.
"What the hell are you doing?" She asked.
"I hate seeing you like this. Cmon, we're getting breakfast." After putting up a little fight, Ali finally forced me to go with her. We walked into The Buttered Biscuit, a little breakfast bistro on Main Street. I walked in and took a look around until someone caught my eye.
She was here, with Brooke and her friends. The hostess lead us to our table, which of course was right in front of theirs. Kelley, Ash, and JJ all gave me smiles and waves, which I returned. Ali had her back to them, and I'm not even sure if she noticed them. I felt eyes on me as I pretended to look over the menu. I glanced up to be met with brown eyes belonging to Tobin. We both snapped our heads down. Ali and I ordered, but I kept my eyes locked in Tobin. Halfway through our meal I looked up to see Tobin and Brooke's hands tangled together. It made me feel like I was about to throw up. I don't even know why I felt like this. Maybe Tobin was right. She broke my heart. Maybe she wasn't worth it. I looked up again to find her already starting at me. We both looked away. After that, she seemed to be a little bit uncomfortable. She was less touchy-feely with Brooke and just seemed a bit more reserved in general. After breakfast Ali and I left and started walking back to my house. I walked hands in pockets, head down. After a long silence, Ali spoke up.
"She's not worth it." She said.
"What?" I asked, genuinely not knowing what she was talking about.
"Alex, you're a great girl, you deserve better than Tobin when all she does is break your heart." She said nonchalantly.
I sighed, "Yeah, a part of me knows that, but a part of me still loves her."
"I don't know why." Ali said.
"Neither do I to be honest. There's just... Something about her." I said.
"Alex, I just want the best for you." She said.
"Yeah...me too."
"Did something happen between the two of you?" Ali asked.
"No, no." I responded quickly. We walked the rest of the way in silence. Ali dropped me off and said she had to go. I walked into my house and flicked the radio on.
"Alright, up next we have the smash hit by Youthful-" I turned it off right away. I lounged around the house all day until it was about 5:00. I was watching tv when I heard a knock on the door. I was confused as to who it could be, so I got up and answered it. I pulled back the big door to see a face I wasn't expecting. I looked at them wide eyed until they spoke. The sounded shy and uneasy when they said, "Hey."