3: Conversation

It was Alfred Jones, one of my favorite 1ps.

"Ivan?" He said while raising an eyebrow. Oh, I forgot that he do not believe in 2ps.

"You must've been mistaken" I said while frowning.

"I suppose, Ivan always smiles"

His remark for some reason made me want to punch him. Yes, I admit that there are lots of things that Ivan has that I envy. Like friends, family, and that true smile.

I was going to other direction when Alfred put a hand on my shoulder. "Wait, who are you?"

I suddenly remembered his counterpart 2p, Allen. I can only say that the only quality they share is being annoying and stupid. Did I said only? I mean two qualities. Allen is long gone, I suddenly saw the tanned teenager swinging his nail bat, frightening the other 2ps. But that was long ago, where our usual meeting place is lively. Since you are a patient reader, I'll tell a tale or two about their last days.

"You do not need to know" I replied with a frown. "You should be going to your own business"

He still not waver. Alfred removed his hand on my shoulder, maybe he realized that I embarrassed him in front of an invisible audience. 

"How about I treat you some coffee?" He nod and raised his thumb. "I feel generous suddenly"

Maybe it is because he reminds me of Ivan or just I am an interesting person. Stop smiling, reader. 

I was going to decline his offer but he suddenly threw a vodka on the way.

This sparks my physical body. I missed a glass of vodka ever since I rationed my very last bottle.

"I see, not just you look like Vanya, you also like vodka" The wheat haired young man smiled and pushed his glasses on his nose. "I am only a minor, so let's get coffee first"

I walk besides him. I don't know why I am easily get bribed on some liquor. Maybe some traits I got from Ivan? maybe so.

"So, who are you? The name's Alfred Jones" 

"Viktor" I muttered as we walk past to the quiet neighborhood. I used the common name that the 1ps calls me. Why Viktor? I don't know their reason.

"Viktor what?" Alfred frowned. "No surname?"

"Does it matters? Do you want me to use yours?"

For some reason, he blushed and look away. "Whatever, surname or not, doesn't matter"

There is a complete silent while we walk. I looked at his watch and realized it's twelve noon. I have been dead for a day and a half. He looks on the ground as we walk, what? no bus rides or bikes? He is overdoing himself in fitness. Alfred eats heaps of crap and "exercise" like tomorrow is the end of the world or somethin'. 

He is one of the 1ps that I usually ignore. My favorites are Victoria, Ivan, and Feliciano. They all have one in common, family. I do care (where in the hell that c word came from) about my sisters, but I am not certain if they even treat me as a brother.

"Say, you know ____?" He suddenly asked.

I stopped walking which made Alfred stop. "Yes, she is a f-friend" I lied.

"Oh? nice! We usually go to a nearest cafe and you know get some coffee and stuff"

I ignore him and continue to walk. I decided to get along with him, which is better than being suspicious. 

"-Dude, you know it's middle of the summer, right?" Alfred looked at me from head to toe. "I mean, you do not sweat with that heavy coat of yours?!"