4. A Wise Choice.

Camila's POV

"This is madness! What can you have been thinking? You are the Slayer! Lives depend upon you!" Ian starts pacing around in the library like a mad man, "I make allowances for your youth, but I expect a certain amount of responsibility, and instead of which you enslave yourself to this-this-" Stops pacing around and looks at me dead in the eyes with an angry frown and points at what I'm wearing, "-Cult?"

I bite my lower lips and look down at my cheerleading outfit while holding onto my yellow and red pompoms, "You don't like the color?" I say innocently, fluttering my eyes at him.

I had my hair up in a ponytail while wearing my cheerleading outfit. Yellow top and a short red skirt.

Ian looks at me with annoyance and clenched jaw, "I'd-Do you-" Strutting over his words while putting some books in the cart before frowning hard that I swear it'll leave a mark, "-Do you ignore everything I say as a-as a rule?" He says huffing.

Seeing him like this, all frustrated and out of control makes want to laugh, hard.

I smile innocently at him, swaying slightly on my feet, "No, I believe that's your trick." I say as he pushes the cart to the counter as I happily skip in front of him and pose with a grin. "I told you, I'm trying out for the cheerleading squad!" I say happily shaking my pompoms at his face.

He glares at me, "You have a sacred birthright, Camila. You were chosen to destroy vampires, not to-to wave pompoms at people." He says knocking my hands away from his face as I pout. "And as the Watcher I forbid it!" He says, going back to the table.

I sit up straight, raising my eyebrow at him, "Aaand you'll be stopping me how?" I say with a smirk now.

I enjoy frustrating him, it makes me somewhat giddy.

It's been a few weeks now in Sunnydale high and my friends and Ian, go out from night to night and slay some vampires.

Dinah and Moose don't like it but I could see they're pushing it aside to be there for me and yo help me.

I have never felt so grateful.

Everything has been M.I.A since I killed Luke, and heard nothing from the Master.

To say, I don't like the feeling is understandable. It's keeping me unease.

I couldn't just sit and wait for that time to come, it was eating me alive and I was getting bored, which lead me here, to join cheerleading just like I did back in L.A. Before the whole vampire thing ever happened.

It helps with the flipping and all, but having super powers and being a cheerleader is a score, I don't see the problem. It made me more flexible and that's good when I'm fighting.

Ian looks at me as he stutters over his words, running his fingers through his hair, "Well, I--" He sits on the edge of the table and crosses his arms over his chest with a huff. "By appealing to your common sense! If such a creature exists." He mumbles the last part but I knew he knew I heard as I look at him in joking hurt expression and a hand on my chest.

I scoff at him, "I will still have time to fight the forces of evil, okay?" I walk up to him before pouting and fluttering my eyes slightly, "I just wanna have a life, I wanna do something normal. Something safe." I say with a shrug and I knew the moment his eyes landed on my pouty face he is under my control.

As much as I want to do my victory dance, I held it in as he sighs and shakes his head.

---

Dinah, Moose and I were at Cheerleader tryouts which were about to start.