5. Flashes.

"She switched..." Lauren mumbled from behind me to herself as she realizes where I'm coming from.

"She switched your bodies, didn't she?" I say looking at her.

Cathy looks down, in defeated. That's when the truth dawns on Ian, "Good Lord!" He says with wide eyes as he runs his fingers through his dark hair.

"She wanted to relive her glory days..." I say to Cathy... Well, Shelley in Cathy's body.

Shelley looks back up, she smiles sadly with teary eyes, "She said I was wasting my youth." Her voice was heavy with emotion, "So she took it..." And her voice cracked as tears escaped her sad brown eyes.

---

We were in the living room, on the couch as Shelley tells us what exactly happened. Lauren is at the end of the red couch and I'm on her lap, in the most innocent way and I have never felt in cloud nine.

Ian is standing by us and Cathy sits at the far end talking.

"I didn't know anything about her powers. I mean, when dad was here they would fight and yell and he would--call her a witch and--I mean, I would, just thought he meant-" Her eyes were wide now with tears as she looks up at us, "-Oh God, when he left I wanted to go with him." She sniffs a few times before she continues, softly shaking her head, "But she wouldn't even let me call. She went crazy, I mean, she'd lock herself upstairs for days and she was always coming down on me, telling me I didn't deserve to have it so easy and that I didn't know-how hard it was to be her and--" She cut herself off by shaking her head harder, whips the tears away, "-I guess she showed me, huh?" She chuckles bitterly making my heart ache for her.

I move myself away from Lauren slightly and closer to Shelley, taking a hold of her hand and try my hardest to give it a squeeze, "Shelley, it's gonna be okay." I say in a raspy voice and hooded eyes.

I slump slightly, brushing the cold sweat that is now visible now to everyone in the room.

I also know I am pale and not, Lauren hot pale.

Not even close.

As in yucky pale, the kind that says, 'I am about to throw up the whole day,' kind of pale.

Shelley smiles sadly at me before she swallows and continues, "A few months ago, I woke up in h-her bed...I didn't know where I was, and... then I looked in the mirror..." Her throat tightness and she couldn't speak anymore.

Lauren puts her hands on my shoulders and pull me back so I could rest on her shoulder, "She locked herself upstairs?" She asks looking at Shelley now a frown.

Shelley looks up at her and swallows back a sob, "Yes." She mumbles softly.

That's when Ian pipped in, "Take me. Now." He determined as Shelley stood up and Ian followed.

I exhale softly before I let out a groan. "I hate this." I rasped out to Lauren who has her right arm under my head as the other one runs up and down my arm.

"I know, I know-Just, hold on." She whispers kissing my head and massaging my scalp making me moan in relaxation.

I close my eyes and nuzzle into her neck. I inhale her scent, putting a smile on my face.

I would never do this if I was sober but I am not and for once, I am kind of happy.

Question after question slapped my mind around. How does she always know? How come she comes in the right time? Why does she only show up when things keep happen?