Part 1.

[A/N: This is the first story I have ever written, so I apologise in advance for any (grammar) mistakes. It probably sucks but I really wanted to try writing fanfiction so here we are. I have no idea how this is going to turn out so we'll just see I guess :3

Edit: This first chapter (and the second one as well) are basically the intro of the story, without too much happening. The action starts after those chapters, so just keep reading. It will get less boring haha :)]

*Dan's POV*

You could tell I was quite nervous. Actually, 'quite nervous' was a bit of an understatement. 

My hands were sweaty, like they always were when I was nervous, and I was shaking. God, what was wrong with me? Rationally thought there was no reason to be this nervous, I had been to other party's before. But those had been 'normal' party's, without any chance of bumping into your crush and making yourself look like a complete fool, which I turned out to be pretty good at.

But of course, this wasn't a normal situation. The person I had been crushing on for some time now would be there too. The person that made my cheeks go red whenever I thought about him. The person with the magical blue eyes, and the pitch-black fringe. Everything about him made me want to scream, and I had already discovered his last name would go perfectly with my name. You could obviously tell I was a teen in love.

The fun part, or the not so fun part actually, was that he didn't even know me yet. He didn't even know I existed, he didn't know how obsessed I had become with him over the past few months and basically found out everything about him. At this point you could have asked me anything about him and I would have answered before you could even blink. 

I wasn't planning on talking to him though, although tonight would be the perfect situation to try to get his attention. Like, if things went wrong, I could just disappear into the crowd and then throw myself out a window. 

So yeah, I could make a move tonight.

Wait, what? Of course I wasn't going to talk to him tonight. I almost forgot how socially awkward I really am. I wouldn't even be able to say a simple 'hello' without starting to stutter or embarrass myself. The thought alone was enough to make me cringe.

I sighed and shook my head. Now I didn't want to go anymore. 

Why on earth did I agree to going to this party in the first place? I didn't really have friends who would be there too to have fun with, except for PJ. But he wasn't like me. 

I always liked to classify people into different groups, based on their social skills. You got popular people with lots of friends, who aren't scared to fail when making social contact and somehow always know what to say. They're very spontaneous and outgoing, like PJ. Unfortunately, I wasn't like those 'cool' people.

No, I was one of the sad people who basically spent their lives sitting in their rooms, all on their own, pretending to have a life on the internet. The reason for that was that they are too socially awkward to find friends in real life and have no interest in going outside or whatsoever because of that. And yes, I sadly classified myself as one of them. But I couldn't change it, I just didn't know how.

Because I was so socially awkward, I knew I was going to spend the whole night standing in a corner on my own, drinking way too much alcohol out of pure boredom, while watching other people have the time of their lives. PJ wasn't going to stay with me, of course. He was going to find his other friends who were social like PJ himself and who were actually fun to be with, instead of me and deep down I could totally understand that.

What was even worse, was that I knew that my crush didn't like to see people having no one to have a conversation with and would do everything to make them have a good time too. That meant he was probably going to talk to me, as if the party itself wasn't enough torture already. I wanted to make a good first impression more than anything, as you can understand. 

A loud knock on the door interrupted my thoughts which startled me for a second, before realising it was probably just PJ, being right in time as always to pick me up. There was no going back anymore now. 

"Dan, are you ready to go?" I heard PJ say, a bit louder than usual since the still closed door made communication a bit harder. 

"Yeah, wait a second!" I shouted back, checking my hair and clothes in the mirror one more time, looking for any imperfections I might have to get rid of before leaving.

Not finding any, I sighed one final time before opening the door and faking a smile, to make it look like I was extremely excited for tonight and not scared as fuck at all. PJ grinned back at me when he saw me, and I noticed he looked awesome. As always.

"Come on, let's go! We don't want to be late, right?" PJ said enthusiasticly and grabbed my wrist, bascially dragging me to his car.

We got in the car and of course I had some trouble fastening my seat belt, thanks to my still shaking hands. I just prayed PJ wouldn't notice, so I wouldn't have to explain anything to him.

PJ was clearly excited. Of course he was, because Chris would be at the party too and I knew Peej had a huge crush on him. Chris liking PJ back wasn't really a secret anymore either. Sometimes I wished things would go that smoothly for me too, but nobody even knew I was gay yet. I had kept it secret to protect myself from some people at school who always liked to speak out their opinions and I just didn't want to be called homophobic names at school.

"Are you okay Dan?" PJ asked me suddenly, which made me snap back into reality. He looked at me, being unable to hide the concerned look on his face.

"Y-yeah, of course, why wouldn't I be?" I replied quickly. Maybe too quickly, judged by the expression on his face which basically screamed 'you're lying and I know it'.

"You're shaking." He said worriedly, his voice soft and caring.

I looked down to see he was right and I quickly shoved my hands in the pockets of my jeans. Trying to make it stop was pointless anyway.

I just shrugged and turned my head around to stare out the window, not really focussing on anything in particular to ignore PJ. I couldn't explain this, PJ wouldn't understand why this is such a big deal for me anyway. And sometimes, it's just easier to lie than to tell the truth.

My mind wandered off to the boy with the blue eyes again. Phil. The thought of him being there tonight made me feel excited and frightened at the same time. I tried to focus on other things, but no matter how hard I tried, his face just wouldn't leave my mind.

This was going to be a long night.

[A/N: Thanks for reading!]

Edited: 21/4/2017