Part 2.

*Phil's POV*

I made sure I looked nice. Outfit, check. Hair, check. I was content with how I looked. I was wearing black jeans and a blue cotton blouse I had purchased a few days before and had straightened my hair multiple times because I just wanted it to be perfect. I didn't know why as I wasn't trying to impress someone. I guess I just liked looking good, it made me feel more confident and secure.

I wasn't in my own bedroom but in Chris'. We were going to Jason's party tonight, so we were both preparing for it.

I loved parties. I'm not talking about the awful, way too loud music or the alcohol parties, not at all, but about the people. I loved meeting new, interesting people to talk to or hang out with. I had learned to read their facial expressions through the years, which was quite interesting. Everone's different, and if you try hard enough you can almost see what they're feeling. It's all hidden in the face. Even the slightest change of expression tells you something.

I didn't have that many friends though. I mean, I could hang out with everyone, but I only had a few really good friends. This surprised most people, they expected me to have tons of friends, but in reality, I hadn't and I was actually quite okay with that.

Smiling at myself in the mirror, I turned around to look at Chris. He was sitting on his bed and was really excited, and I knew why. PJ. They were utterly in love with each other but both kept denying it.

"Phil, how do I look?" Chris squeaked, his voice full of excitement.

He stood up and turned around to show his outfit. He had put a lot of time into it. It didn't surprise me though, like, he hadn't stopped talking about this party for the past week. Of course, he wanted to look perfect, even more than I did.

"You look awesome," I smiled, "But, eh, your zipper is down."

He looked down to see I was right and his cheeks turned red. It made me start laughing.

"You're not going to impress PJ if you forget such things, Chris!" I said teasingly.

"Oh, shut up," he replied, fixing the zipper problem. "I bet he wouldn't even mind. And I'm not trying to impress him!"

"Oh, of course, you're not," I replied with a wink.

"Speaking of impressing someone, who are you trying to impress? It looks like you made yourself look all good for someone too!" Chris said, scanning me with his eyes.

"No one," I said. That was true.

"Come on Philly, you can tell me."

"I told you there is no one I'm trying to impress! I'm just trying to look nice. Like, you never know when you come across some nice girl."

"Or... A boy, maybe?" Chris said, not looking up because he was too busy putting on his shoes.

What? Did Chris know what was happening to him? He couldn't know, right? Did he see something? I started panicking. No one could know what he did to me. I inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to calm down, before replying to him.

"Excuse me?" I said, with a harsh tone in my voice. I didn't mean to sound that harsh, and I hoped Chris hadn't heard it.

Apparently, he had. He slowly looked up to me, with a confused expression on his face.

"What? It could be, right? There's nothing wrong with that. I'm gay myself, as you know." He replied, in a defensive tone.

I turned around, pretending to grab my phone and check for any text messages.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap," I said softly, not looking up from my phone. "I'm not gay, okay? Let's forget about this."

Chris nodded and I sighed in relief. I really hoped I wouldn't be thinking about this right now, not when we were about to have fun. I tried to push the thoughts away. Then I turned to Chris.

"Shall we go now? We promised to help Jason with the final touches for the party, remember?"

***

*Dan's POV*

Oh god.

We had just arrived. I really didn't want to go, and I started shaking again. I procrastinated getting out of the car as long as possible, but apparently, PJ noticed and pulled me out by grabbing my wrist.

We walked to one of the terrace houses. The houses all looked exactly the same, with their red roofs and yellow-toned walls. The only things that looked different at each house were the gardens. Some of them were well maintained, with grass and flowers. Others were full of kids toys and bins. It was just a regular, boring street, nothing special.

I noticed it was getting dark already, and it was only 8 PM, sadly. I wish it was midnight already, so we could leave.

We walked up to one of the doors of the houses. Chris knocked on the door. It seemed grey, but I guess it was supposed to be white. I could already hear some shitty music coming from the speakers in the house.

I heard someone walking to the door. The person struggled for a moment to open it, but then the door swung open, revealing the person who had opened it.

It was Phil.

I froze. Why? Why, of all those people, was Phil the first one I had to see? I wasn't mentally prepared for this!

"Hi!" Phil said enthusiastically, with his angelic voice that I loved so much. "Please, come in!"

He stepped aside, so we could walk past him. PJ had already passed Phil, on his way to Chris and I was so shocked by the fact that Phil was standing right there, being perfect as always, that I forgot to walk inside. I literally just stood there, staring at Phil, while he stared back at me, for several seconds.

"Eh... Are you going to come in or not?" He then asked, with a bit of confusion in his voice.

"Oh, eh... Y-y-yeah, I-I'm sorry..." I stammered, cursing myself for being so stupid as I stepped inside. This was what I meant, I had already embarrassed myself and it had only been a few minutes.

I didn't want to face him again, for now, so I immediately walked into the living room, leaving Phil behind. It was crowded with people dancing, drinking and having fun. I scanned the room looking for PJ, but I couldn't find him anywhere, which didn't surprise me at all. He had probably already hooked up with Chris.

My eyes then scanned the room, looking for the drinks. I could use some alcohol right now. I wasn't someone who liked getting drunk, so I wasn't planning on drinking much tonight.

With my drink in my hand, I walked to a corner of the room. Corners were the kind of places where people like me weren't noticed by anyone and where I could just suffer in silence until the night was over.

I sighed as I leaned against the cold, bare wall.

[A/N: Thanks for reading <3 I don't really know what to write in this A/N, the writing's still quite shitty (sorry) but I'm really enjoying it. :)]