Chapter 3

Normani quickly realized that she wasn't  wanted with the scholarship girls and their friends. According to Camila, she wasn't supposed to want to be with them. It's not like she did...at least not all of them. Selena, and Demi obviously hated her, but there was a rumor going around that Ariana had a crush on Camila. The taller scholarship girl (Normani still didn't know their names) didn't seem to like her either. The shorter one, however, was different. She seemed really sweet and she was the only new kid that wasn't immediately rude to her because of what they had heard about her, Camila, and Dinah. She wasn't particularly nice to her in math class, but Normani wasn't very nice to her either.

A horn honked in front of her and she slammed on her brakes to see the two girls getting out of their car. The taller one motioned for her to join them at their front steps. It was a pretty small house. Well, small according to Normani whose house was nearly fourteen thousand square feet. She guessed that they didn't really need a big one since it was just the two of them.

"Are you coming or what?!"

"Lauren, chill out."

"She's moving too slow!"

"You're just impatient."

Normani rolled her eyes as she stepped out of her Mercedes and met the other two girls at their front door.

"I can't hold this door open forever and she's taking too long!"

"Lo, be nice."

Normani thanked Lauren politely as she walked in the house, surprising all three of them.

The smaller one set her bag down on the couch and skipped over to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"So, Normani, what project are you and Ally doing?" Lauren asked with a slight smirk.

Ally. So that was her name. "Uh, it's a...some type of get-a-long thing." She answered nervously. She was rarely nervous about anything, but this girl - Ally -  made her want to be nicer somehow.

"Normani, do you want anything to drink?" Ally called with her head halfway stuck in the refrigerator.

"No, thank you."

"Alrighty, I'll be upstairs." Lauren informed us. "Call me if someone's dying. " And then she left.

"You can come sit over here."

Normani glanced over at Ally who was sitting Indian style on the couch. She hesitantly walked over to join her, pulling out her notebook.

"Okay, first question," the smaller girl started. "What is your full name?"

"Normani Kordei Hamilton." she answered, watching as Ally wrote it down. "And you?"

"Allyson Brooke Hernandez. Okay...where we're you born?"

"Houston."

"Houston, Texas?"

"Is there another Houston?" Normani snapped. Ally rolled her eyes and didn't reply. "What about you?"

"San Antonio."

"San Antonio, Texas?" The taller girl smirked.

Ally let a small smile form on her face as she glanced at the other girl out of the corner of her eye. "Is there another San Antonio?"

Normani sighed. "I still don't understand why we're doing this in math class."

The smaller girl shrugged. "I don't get it either. But what I'm not about to get is an F on my first project."