Chapter 6

"ALLY GET UP! TODAY IS A VERY IMPORTANT DAY! DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?" Lauren screamed as she jumped up and down on her friend's bed.

"NO, LAUREN, WHAT DAY IS IT?!" She shouted back, climbing out from under the covers.

"Today is another day where you get to spend the afternoon with the love of your life!"

The smaller girl blushed and smiled. "She's not the love of my life."

"She might as well be your soul mate, Allycat."

"Stop it."

"Ally and Mani sittin' in a tree!"

"Lauren..."

"K-I-S-S-I-"

"LAUREN!"

"What?!"

"S-H-U-T-U-P!"

~

First period felt like four hours instead of one and a half. Lauren was right; Ally was incredibly anxious to spend another afternoon at the lake with Normani. Apparently, word had gotten around that the scholarship girl had denied the other girl yesterday, and half the people asking her about it didn't even know her name. Ariana was back today, and the first thing she said to Ally was, "Why in the world would you reject Normani Kordei?" She gave her the same answer that she gave everyone else: "I'm knew here; I barely even know who she is." It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the truth either.

"Come on, girly!" Demi said, standing up from her chair. "It's math time!"

"Why are you so happy?" Selena groaned. "You don't even like math."

"But I like this class even less. Get up, Ally!"

"I'm coming, calm down!"

As soon as Ally stepped outside of the classroom, she crashed into someone. Books and papers flew everywhere, the majority of which were hers.

"Will you watch where you're going?!" A raspy voice shouted blindly as whoever it was tried not to fall.

"Mila, calm down, its just Ally." Normani whispered. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked as she kneeled down in front of her. She was wearing a plain gray turtle neck with a pearl necklace, and darker gray print pants. The younger girl couldn't understand why she would be on the floor in an outfit like that, but she guessed that the other girl could afford to get it dirty.

The smaller girl nodded, running her fingers through her hair and getting her books together. She stopped moving when she felt something being pressed into the palm of her hand. Looking down at it, she realized it was a note. Normani leaned forward so that her mouth was next to Ally's ear as she stood up. "Open it when you're alone, okay?"

The scholarship girl gulped. "'Kay..." She closed her eyes as the three girls walked away, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. She had never been that close to Normani before. She smelled good...really good. Like vanilla, and flowers, and happiness. Plus, falling in front of the three most popular girls in school was pretty embarrassing.

~

Normani watched as Ally's leg bounced under her desk. Selena and Demi had told her multiple times to stop, and she did for a little bit. She seemed really anxious to open that note. Normani was anxious for her to open it too.

Suddenly, the smaller girl's hand shot up in the air. "Excuse me, Ms. Baker?"

"Yes, Miss Hernandez?"

"May I use the restroom?"

"Yes, go quickly."

The other girl put her head in her hands and tried not to laugh at Ally's cuteness as she practically sprinted out the door.