Missing Pieces

It was past midnight by the time everyone had returned to the castle after the funeral.

Jace and Cam lay silent in bed together, staring at the ceiling. Neither one of them wanting to talk. Neither of them needing to.

Anna moved up onto Logan's chest as he pulled her closer and kissed the top of her head. Everyone was both physically and emotionally exhausted from this week.

"What's wrong amare?"

She sighed, "I'm just tired of.. everything."

"You're tired of me?" he said lifting her chin up to him.

Anna laughed slightly, "Never." she said with a kiss on his lips.

Logan smiled, "Good." he said before returning the kiss and holding her tight against him.

He pulled away and sat up as he lifted her into his arms and stood up.

"What are you doing?" she said with a frown.

"You need to relax your mind." he said walking towards the large window and sat on the bench in front of it. He turned to lean against the wall and adjusted Anna so that she was laid back on his chest. Logan reached forward and pushed the window open then quickly pulled a blanket over Anna as she shivered when the frigid early morning air hit them.

"Now wait," he whispered against her hair.

Anna watched as the horizon over the mountains slowly began to glow a soft orange colour. The sky became a light purple and red mix before gradually becoming lighter as the sun rose.

She smiled softly, "It's beautiful."

Logan tilted her chin up to him and stared down at her in awe. His eyes locked onto hers as he gently held her face.

"Yes you are," he whispered against her lips and softly kissed her.

Anna turned slightly and deepened their kiss, holding onto him as he slowly ran his hand over her shoulder and down her back.

They slowly broke apart and he stared down at her, "Anna.."

"Yes?"

He frowned slightly, "Why were you scared to stay in the infirmary yesterday?"

She dropped her gaze and thought back to the previous morning.

"I know you've been through a lot lately and it just seems like one thing after another goes wrong, but I'm here now. We're here now. I need you to know that you can talk to me.." he said softly.

Anna closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, "I've been admitted to hospital many times before. Each time lasted at least a week, and each time I would have an anxiety attack from being stuck there for so long.." she said, unable to hold back the tear than ran down her cheek.

"I couldn't take being away from home when I was sick, I needed my family around me so that I wouldn't lose it." she paused thinking of them.

Logan gently wiped away her tears, "It's okay.."

"The last time was the worst.. by the third day I was crying on the phone to my mum, telling her I wanted to come home. She was a doctor so she could make them let me go. The moment my dad heard I wanted to leave he told her to get me out.. that night they showed up to take me home." she finished with a smile.

"I can tell how much they cared about you. I don't think they wanted you away from home either.."

She laughed slightly, "That's true. My little brothers would always say they didn't miss me, yet on our way home I had them both sleeping on me in the back seat."