Chapter 40: Who kidnapped Katniss?

Chapter 40

-Peeta-

"Haymitch, Katniss is kidnapped!" I scream in the phone.

"Huh?" Haymitch asks hesitantly. "You've only dreamed Peeta, you always dream about Katniss being kidnapped, and everytime you call me to talk about it, so talk".

"No! It wasen't only a dream Haymitch, this time I'm serious, she really is kidnapped", I scream panicked. "And there is blood all over the kitchen and the front door".

"Take it easy, okay? I'm coming down", Haymitch says.

I can hear in his voice that he still doesn't believe me. And why should he? I mean he did say it, I do always have nightmares about someone taking Katniss from me, and every time I call him because I need to talk. This time it's serious though. But I've cried wolf too many times. Oh well it's going to be a shock for him, for everyone. Oh no, the kids can't come down her. They can't see their own mothers blood everywhere here.

"Take the others with you as well, but not the kids, leave them with Finn and Cassidy", I say. "But don't tell them that Katniss is kidnapped".

"And how do you expect me to do that, if I may ask?" Haymitch asks.

"Come up with something, damn it!" I scream and hang up the phone.

The next call I make, is to Plutarch, who promises to have Effie and Johanna with him.

I can't stand to be inside the hut, where the smell of the blood now really hits my nose.

I walk outside, sitting down on the doorstep with my face in my hands for I don't know how long and cry.

I feel dizzy. Like I've been asleep for too long. That I've been too deep in sleep for way too long. My head is spinning.

Oh my Katniss. I would do anything to se her alive.

At this very moment, while I sit here, Katniss could be murdered or tortured or god knows what else! And here I sit and I do absolutely nothing! What the hell?! But what can I do? I didn't even know that they took her before I woke up. I still can't understand how the hell I didn't notice anyone take Katniss. She was right beside me, and I didn't notice. I blame myself for Katniss being kidnapped, because it totally is! Why didn't I wake up?! I'm such a light sleeper, anything wakes me up!

"Oh Katniss... Please forgive me", I whisper to myself. "I'm going to find you, what ever it takes".

What ever it takes!

I stand up and walk into the hut again. Trying to find some trails. There's got to be something. I stand in front the bed. Okay... Wait! What is that?

A white napkin is lying on the floor next to my side of the bed. I walk around the bed and take it up. I smell it. Oh it smells so bad, but also like something that makes you unconscious. Oh... Now I understand. I wasn't asleep. They drugged me with something you breath in, I would've notice if I just was asleep, but I wasn't. They freaking drugged me!

But there must have been more than one. Katniss would've woken up and start to screaming if they didn't already have her when the drugged me.

I hit my palm against my forehead unhindered. Why didn't I wake up before they drugged me?

I walk to stand beside Katniss side of the bed. Hm... Okay, so I know that there are two people ... And one of them stood were I stand right now, with his hand against Katniss mouth to prevent her from screaming, and while they stood here another person was at my side and pressed this napkin onto my face.

Katniss must have resisted, so they must have dragged her... And they dragged her into the kitchen to get to the front door... There's a puddle of blood that is different from the other. It looks like it has just been dripping straight down and nothing else. The other blood has been sprayed in every direction.

Katniss must have got hold of a knife or something and stabbed one of them, before they stabbed her much more badly. There's a bloody knife on the floor.

I walk out and sit down on the step again.

Oh Katniss what did you do? I wish I could tell her, to not make them angry, to not do anything that can provoke them, because I know that Katniss have the habit of doing that. She provokes people when she gets angry or sour, just to make them angry as well, or to make fun of them. And something tells me that she isn't very happy right now.

But I know that she is scared. Whenever she's scared I can feel it, whenever she's happy or angry, I can feel that. We just have that special bond between each other, that makes us know when we feel these things.

Oh Katniss. But with this, I know that she is still alive. She isn't dead. I feel it in my whole body. She is alive.

"You're alive Katniss, and I'm going to find you", I promise. "I'm going to find you and take you home to me".

But I don't know how. How do I find her? Panem is so very big , and she can be anywhere.

Anywhere!

"Peeta!" I hear someone shout and I see Plutarch, Effie and Johanna come slow running against me.

I stand up.

"Is she really kidnapped? Are you sure she is?" Johanna asks terrified.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure, and they sliced her skin as well", I say.

"What? How do you know?" Effie asks doubtful.

"Just look inside through the door", I mutter. "I wouldn't go in though, it smells really bad in there".

They don't listen to me of course, so they go in and I go in after them.

They all gasps.

"How didn't you notice anything?" Johanna asks, looking at me like it's my fault, this happened. And I agree with her.

"They drugged me with this when I was asleep", I say, holding the napkin forward.

Plutarch takes it.

"Yeah, one just need to breath it in through your nose and you're out like a light for hours and hours", he says, nodding.

Plutarch has a phone he can take with him, just because he's the president, and now someone calls him. He walks away to answer.

"But who did this?" Effie asks.

Effie looks like she's going to vomit and faint, and something tells me that it's not just because of the smell. She loves Katniss, she really do, me and the kids as well, and even though she doesn't want to admit it, she does love Haymitch as well, we're her family, and now something really horrible has happened to her family.

"I don't know!" I say. "I do know that it was two of them. This wasn't the work of only one, it should have been too hard, but I don't know who, how could I now?"

"But I think I do", Plutarch says. "Well, one of them anyway".

"Who?" Johanna and I scream at the same time.

"Fiona", he says. "Fiona Coin, I just got a call ... She escaped".

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

*gasp* Fiona Coin? No way? Was it really her? But who was the other?

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought if this chapter.

I'm posting the last chapter later today, and yes there is going to be a sequel to this book :)

-Josephine xx