Relationships... Relationships Everywhere

Chapter Twenty-One

Relationships… Relationships Everywhere

Elli’s head was pounding when she woke up. It took her mind several moments to register the fact that she was lying in Blake’s bed and when it did, everything from before she passed out flashed through her mind in all too vivid detail. She was going to kill Blake, if she hadn’t already.

Sometime while she had been out, she had returned to her human form, which meant good things. At least, she hoped it did.

“You’re alive. Good,” Blake said, stepping out of the shadows. She let out a growl, sounding much more feral than usual. He held up his hands in a gesture of surrender.

“What the hell?” she snapped.

“I was thirsty. Went too long without blood. My bad,” he replied with a shrug.

“You almost killed me!”

“I don’t think I would have killed you.”

“If Noah hadn’t come home when he did, I would be dead.”

“…maybe,” he consented. “But he did and you’re not, so I don’t see the problem.”

She moved to leap out of the bed and basically attack him, but that caused a wave of dizziness. “I hate you,” she growled out.

“Really now? I actually find you rather amusing.”

“Blake?”

“Yes?”

“Shut up.”

He laughed, but didn’t comment. She lay back down and shut her eyes, hoping the pulsing headache would fade. “What happened after I passed out?”

“Noah tried to kill me. Desmond came up here and used magic to break us up and then lectured us like we were six. Also, Richard went home for the holidays and Noah’s been moping about the house since he found out.”

She groaned. “Great. So we have an angry, sad werewolf on our hands. That sounds lovely.”

“Sounds like your problem, since he’s your brother.”

“You’re not making me less angry with you.”

He chuckled. “I don’t think I can. You’ve been out for twelve hours, by the way.”

Her eyes snapped open so she could shoot a glare at him. “So I spent the night here?”

“Well, you couldn’t very well go back to your own room in your wolf form since you’re sharing it with Jasper, so we just left you here.”

“When did I change back?” She had passed out as a werewolf but woken up human. During the full moon, she had no idea when she would shift back, so she was curious.

“A couple hours ago.”

The headache was beginning to fade, so she sat up. “Why didn’t you guys move me to my room after I was human again?”

“Well everyone’s up and about now, so we were bound to run into someone and that seemed like much too much explaining.”

Ah. That made sense. She looked him over and actually took in his appearance. Dark rings circled his eyes. Color had returned to his face at least, but he didn’t look like a vampire who had just fed.

“You look like shit,” she pointed out.

“Someone’s been in my bed for the last twelve hours,” he growled in response.