Full Moon and Faced Fears

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Full Moon and Faced Fears

Elli gathered Noah and Richard and pointed out that staying in the house was a danger to the several humans living there. The boys agreed and started to head out when Desmond joined the group.

“Blake’s meeting up with us later. You know, when the sun isn’t still up,” he informed her.

She nodded. “Alright.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Desmond and Blake are going with us?” Noah questioned.

“Yep.”

“Does Desmond not fall into the fragile human category?” Richard asked with confusion.

Desmond just looked at him. “What do you think?”

“…right.”

“Alright, guys. Let’s go,” Elli said.

“But I still don’t get why they’re coming,” Noah whined.

She stared at her brother for a moment. “We have a new wolf with us and do you even remember the last time I spent a full moon with a pack? Because I don’t. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a little backup.”

His expression became a bit grim at that response and he just nodded. They left the house and began the hike into the woods. They walked until they found a decent clearing and Elli just sat down in the middle of it, figuring she might as well lounge about until the moon rose. Noah and Richard followed suit while Desmond chose to lean against a tree.

“The moon will be up before the sun is down,” he pointed out.

“Let’s hope your presence is unnecessary then, because you might have magic on your side, but you can only do so much without Blake’s help,” Elli responded. She stretched out and rested on the ground, shutting her eyes. Desmond decided to make himself comfortable in the tree, which would also give him a bit of space from the werewolves if things did get out of hand. The boys chatted. Noah was clearly excited for the moon, despite the danger it was bringing. Richard fidgeted nervously.

A few minutes later, Elli’s eyes snapped open. She glanced at the sky and sighed.

“Well, here goes everything…” she murmured, as the shift began.

“But Daaaad, it’s the full moon! Shouldn’t we do something?” Luna whined as she sat in a recliner, her feet hanging over the armrest.

“No. For now, we wait. Have some patience. The Sullivans will still be here come tomorrow.”

“How can you guarantee that?”

“They wouldn’t leave their friends defenseless.”

“They left their pack,” she argued.

“They were younger. They didn’t have mates to worry about. They won’t be going anywhere this time,” he assured.

“So then what’s the plan?”

“We have patience and we kill them off one at a time,” he answered, flashing with a wicked grin.

“And what about Seth?” She quirked an eyebrow at him.

“Seth just doesn’t need to know what we’re up to.”

She smiled. “Sounds like a plan.”

Elli woke up in her bed and groaned. She was still sore from fighting Richard last night. Gods, that had been quite the battle. For a ‘puppy’ he was surprisingly strong. Of course, the first shift was always rough; she knew that. He would get the hang of it and she and Noah would help him through it. Too bad it wouldn’t be easier.