one

samantha's pov
i sat at the only empty table in the lunch hall, it wasn't that i didn't have any friends. it was my first day, i simply hadn't met anyone.

"hey there."

i looked up to see a tall, and undeniably handsome guy.

"oh, uh hi there"

why am i suddenly nervous, and why are my hands sweating?

"do you mind if i sit here?"

of course i don't mind.

"no not at all."

it was hard enough going to a whole new school, but it was even harder when you've left every single one of your friends in barcelona, including your girlfriend.

antonella

god did i miss her. we started dating when we were fourteen, and three years later i'm here.

"okay,cool"

i completely forgot about the unknown boy standing in front of me.

"so what's your name?"

"oh, of course, i'm sergio."

*

sergio was actually pretty cool, he was captain of the football team, which was gonna make rival games a whole lot harder.

i mean my girlfriend and all the guys i grew up with were at barcelona high, but sergio was the only person who tried to talk to me today.

incoming call from antonella roccuzzo

"hola bonita!"

yeah i got pretty lucky.

i remember when we first started dating, i had just finished telling our friend group about myself liking girls, and three days later she asked me out.

was it a big deal? that was debatable, we were both high school freshman, and if i'm being completely honest i didn't think it was gonna last. nonetheless she was my first girlfriend, so that's what made it special i guess.

right the phone call.

"hola."

'hola' that's the best i could do?

"guess what?"
the thing about antonella was, she was always happy, which was a small contrast from myself.

"what's up?"
it wasn't that she made me nervous, it was that our whole relationship made me nervous. i mean yeah i liked guys too, but i had never dated one. antonella dated leo for two years before we dated.

i couldn't mess this up.

"so you know how the big game is coming up right? well leo asked me to wear his jersey."

the only thing that couldn't make this a big deal is if he wasn't her ex. leo and i got along just fine, just not when it came to my girlfriend and his ex-girlfriend.