Chapter 3

Motionless, I remained standing, my calves pressed into the super soft couch while Hannah was tugging on my arm for me to do something. But I couldn't, my mind and face went slack and only one word kept resurfacing, bite, bite, bite.

Not until I felt a new hand grip my shoulder did I do anything. It was like another person took over completely and the sudden new contact was the trigger. As soon as the man's skin grazed mine did I switch gears from passive to aggressive. I didn't even have to think, it was like my body was preprogrammed and all I had to do was punch in the commands.

In a blink of an eye I twisted the man's wrist, he let out a pained cry when I heard the crack and hauled him over my back crashing right on the coffee table. He was out cold and everyone else looked at me surprised, even Mr. Wright who was previously looking very confident, face switched to slightly scared.

Two more guards thundered towards me and I meant them head on, running straight at them bear hugging the first around his waist and pushing him into the other like dominos. I let go and watched them stumble back like clumsy giants. Quickly regaining their balance they both charged me without thought.

I dropped a little to the side on the ground just as one was a hair's width away and stuck out my leg tripping him. I heard a sickening thud as his head collided with the ground. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

I rolled out of reach from the other just as a foot was about to connect to my skull and sprung up in one fluent motion.

Throwing a few quick jabs at my face I easily blocked and sent my foot to his stomach as if I was breaking open a door. The guard flew backwards crashing through the glass wall like it was paper and fell down on the dance floor below. I can recall hearing a loud bang and people yelling from afar but was too busy to notice as I was currently slamming my elbow into a full grown man's nose and kneeing another in the groin. I made short work of them.

Five down, three to go.

They came at me at once, and I knew if I wanted to win my footwork would have to be fast to keep them in a straight line. I only wanted to be actually fighting one at a time.

But I didn't get the chance to kick there butts because unlike the first five guys these three were a little more incline to use their guns.

The first bullet whizzed by my ear missing my head by inches. I instinctively dove for cover behind an overturned table I knocked over previously by throwing a guy into it. Gunfire peppered my ears like bells and I heard screams from all over the club as they realized what was going on.

Looking around I saw a guy passed out next to me, I nearly squealed in delight when I found his shotgun fully loaded. Now I wasn't an expert in shooting but my Dad did take me to the firing range on occasion, it was practice for hunting trips we use to go on. So I wasn't a newbie either, I could hit the target.

Flicking the safety off I ready myself; back against the table and steadying my breathing, my heart was nearly breaking through my chest as I waited for an opportunity to shoot. I just needed a space between their shootings to pop up and fire back. Silently I was thanking the lord for not wearing a dress tonight, but what in the Heavens to Betsy was I thinking wearing heels.

Then there it was, a gap of silence from there shooting. Not wasting a single second I sprung up, gun forward and started to let lead fly. One guy was a little slow on reaction time and managed to get a bullet straight through his shoulder, a small yelp of agony and he was down. The other two were just quick enough to avoid my aim.