Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Warning/s: None that I can think of, apart from a little fondling.

Disclaimer: I don't own Merlin.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was a bit late going up - both me and my beta are very busy and recently, my beta was ill as well. Hopefully updates will be more regular in the future, though I can't promise anything ;) I hope you're all enjoying the story so far and will like this chapter!

"Hurry up," Merlin laughed, holding her skirt up so she could run without tripping over herself. "We were meant to be there five minutes ago!"

"It's hardly our fault that Arthur summoned us last minute," Percival grumbled, running alongside Merlin. She was sure he could go a lot faster than she could and was grateful that he stayed alongside her. "Do you think we'll be the last ones there?"

"Nope, I saw Gwaine come out in his nightclothes when we were first setting out." Merlin snorted at the memory. "I don't think we're going to be the last ones there."

In fact, they were some of the first ones there. Arthur and Gwen were sitting in their places at the Round Table along with several others, including Sir Leon. But apart from them, only those whom Merlin liked to privately refer to as 'the non-Arthurians' were already seated.

Merlin shot a smug look at Percival as they sat down into the hard, ornate chair and sighed.

"What's this about?" she asked the King. Slyly, she slid a hand underneath the table and grabbed Percival's. He jumped a little but otherwise regained his composure, glancing at Merlin quizzically.

"A man has come to beg for an audience with us," Arthur replied, looking fairly sleep-deprived himself. "About what, I'm not sure. But apparently he is quite distraught, so I thought it important."

Merlin nodded, humming under her breath a little bit. She had to do something to alleviate the boredom, after all. She moved Percival's hand a little closer to her, resting it on her leg. He shot her a questioning glance but Merlin just smiled. He would figure out the game she was playing soon enough.

Gradually, more of the seats were beginning to fill up. Gwaine seemed to be more than a little drunk; Merlin amused herself for a few minutes, debating to herself whether he drank so much last night that he was still feeling the effects, or if he'd woken up this morning and decided to take a swig of ale. She moved Percival's hand up a little further and fidgeted to give the impression that she was just growing uncomfortable in this position.

Still, his glances were growing more and more suspicious. Merlin giggled and tried to smother it immediately, hoping nobody would ask her why she was shaking. "Morning, Elyan," she greeted as the final knight took his place. He nodded at her, obviously still tired, and Arthur stood up to begin the meeting.

"Round Table," he began. "We are gathered here to give audience to a man from an outlying village of Camelot. It is our duty to give him a fair hearing and ensure that we give him the justice he deserves."

Merlin leant down slightly under the guise of itching her leg, but swiftly and silently pulled her dress up to her knees. Percival sent her a clear look that said, 'I know exactly what you're doing and you definitely need to stop', and Merlin grinned to herself, placing Percival's hand on the bare skin of her knee. Percival knew full well that he couldn't jerk his hand away because that would attract too much attention, and he also knew that Merlin was very beautiful and he didn't really want to stop.

An old man, at least sixty by Merlin's count, hobbled into the room helped by the guards. "I hate to bother you, Sires," he wheezed.

"It is no bother at all," Gwen said sweetly. "Whatever we can do to help."