2. "She was scared."

One day she got to her apartment from college and silently closed the door. She could hear laughter and talking in the living room so she quietly approached the room without being noticed. There stood the guys talking about some festival that would be happening in a few weeks.

"Dude, we should totally go. It will be so much fun!" Calum, the dark haired boy shouted.

"Yeah, we could use some time to rest from college." Ashton agreed and the boys started planning the whole thing.

"We could invite Leah..." Luke suggested, looking down at his fingers. Laughter filled the room again and Leah's eyes were open wide.

"Oooh, lover boy strikes again!" Calum teased, making the blonde guy blush.

"I don't even know how you still try with her, mate. You've been teasing her nonstop for the past two years and never gave up." Michael smiled while shaking his head. He was happy that someone was trying to break his best friend's walls. And he knew that if that happened, his best friend would be in good hands because Luke was someone you could trust your life with.

"You're so whipped, dude." Ashton smiled and all his friends agreed laughing hard at Luke.

"Is it that obvious?" He shyly asked while biting his lip. The heavy bag Leah was holding fell to the ground when she heard his last sentence, making every head turn to her. Michael quickly stood up and went to hug her, seeing her face turn from surprise to confusion and finally her signature blank face. The other guys greeted her but all she said was a simple "I have to go" and closed herself in her room for the rest of the day.

No, she wouldn't try.

No, she wouldn't fall for his words.

No, she wouldn't put her walls down.

No, she wouldn't trust him.

It would be too dangerous.

People always leave, that's what they love to do. Once you find someone who you think is your world they will turn your back to you at the first chance they have. And the only person who gets hurt in this story is you.

She couldn't deal with another heartbreak, she couldn't deal with the pain and the big black hole that consumed her little precious heart. If she fell into that trap again she feared that she wouldn't be able to resist. She was too fragile inside, but she wouldn't show it to anyone.

She was scared.