7 - Fake Identities, Real Emotions

***This could use a ton of tweaking and I have omitted like two scenes from this but this was 9800++ words. Oh, thank you for 1000 freaking followers!!! You guys are awesome possum! Take it easy!

It wasn't an act.

Camila was genuinely terrified.

The undercover detective had been acquainted with the evil that resided in Rafael Ortega.

The man exercised a special kind of torture to his victims. He would order his men to brutally batter them without bounds until they are left gasping for air, missing certain body parts and practically a step away from their deaths. The torment would only cease to allow for Rafael to show them a false sense of compassion, eliciting meager hope from them only for it to be cruelly snatched up in an instant.

And they would know it was the end from the malevolent smirk that would flourish in his apathetic lips.

Camila shivered at the thought of being locked up in a dark room for days on end, left to rot and pray for death to come with every strike of fists, shoes and weapons. The visions of cuts and bruises shrouding her abused and lifeless body as she endured unimaginable agony caused her skin to prickle as fear lurked like a cold and opportunistic monster.

It was a long and treacherous walk from the conference hall to the white stretch Hummer parked right outside of Flamingo Las Vegas' lobby.

Fright was written in her eyes, etched in her ashen skin. Her pulse was tauntingly drumming the beat of her demise as she furiously fought to breathe, to sustain life with every deep inhale. It was difficult to respire with the way her throat contracted as if her heart had lodged itself within the tight crevice and her torso clenched as if it was anticipating a hard blow.

She was dreadfully waiting for it.

The image of Rafael's stone-cold face flashed before her eyes. She could vividly remember the same picture of the man approaching her too many times to count after learning of her relationship with his daughter. He would come with threats far worse and severe after the other, and while Camila could call anyone's bluff so easily, it seemed as though the man had disabled whatever incredulous bone in the detective's body with the way his debilitating dark eyes stared at her.

No one could blame her. She was a rookie cop with only three years of on the field at the time and the disputes she'd encountered didn't involve volatile drug lords with no regard for another human being's life.

With every wobbly step, Camila was mapping out an escape plan with only her meager weapon, brute force and agility to work around with. She was hypersensitive to her environment, foreseeing possibilities.

Grabbing Rafael by the neck, submitting him to a choke hold and forcing him down to her shorter stature would keep him from having any sort of advantage apart from his men. By disabling him, she could control his fleet. It was relatively easy; she'd done it multiple times to various suspects she pursued.

She could create a commotion and stagger out of there while she could use the element of surprise to her advantage. If she caused a scene, there was a higher chance she could evaporate with the crowd. Camila had located multiple exit and entry points, whereby she could anticipate Ortega's men or avoid them altogether.

If she had her badge, she could have more options but Gabrielle Reyes wasn't Camila Cabello, and she wasn't supposed to be a cop.

Camila would be safe but no matter what she decide on doing, it would thwart her mission.

The FBI, or the whole country, could lose their two greatest assets in the Ortega case. Without Camila, Agent Anthony was as good as gone – that's what Agent Vega had assumed.