21 (1/2) - Cat's Out of the Bag

***If there are half-done sentences, sorry. This has been a draft for an entire year. :/

"Donde esta ella?"

Camila may not have heard the full volume of her mother's distinctive voice but the door could not stifle that impatient undertone that warned her that she had to be out there in less than ten minutes if she did not want an unwanted guest in her room with a vast choice for weapons. Then again, a threat wafting in the quietest whisper could rouse the hairs running down her spine.

A mental timer ticked in her head, groaning when she realized the ten minutes she had initially planned to take advantage of was a lot shorter because of that damned missed call.

And in Sinu's book, that's a cardinal sin.

Ironically, her mother was difficult to reach by phone. She'd say she didn't hear it or that she was busy, two reasons Camila could never use on the same woman for whatever reason.

Injustice! She once exclaimed with that gaudy flair she reserved for her mother.

But while her mother's voice was enough to snap her out of the reverie, it did not give her much willpower to peel her face from where it was nestled between her wife's breasts.

And then came the vigorous knuckles that were pounding the door like a hammer.

Off Camila went, leaping off the bed like her butt was on fire, the blood rushing in her ears kept her from hearing the immature cackles on the other side of the door. She zipped in and out of the bathroom and the closet, giving Speedy Gonzales a run for his money and her wife some well-deserved entertainment and apt distraction.

Lauren had never seen her so frantic, not even as she was being restrained by an armed robber. The reality of Sinu playing a prank on her wife and all that she brought with her hadn't quite sank in on Lauren just yet. Not with what was happening before her.

Suffice to say, seeing a butt naked Camila running around the room was enough distraction from the fact that their deceptive scheme was about to become full circle. So she simply sat back and watched with great amusement and delight, marveling at the mystifying contrast of lean leg and abdominal muscles rippling with every speedy step and the bouncing of her pert breasts sporting purple marks that vary in shape and shade.

I did that, Lauren gloated in her head. A smirk played at her lips as her eyes continued to roam the glorious tan of her wife's skin and sensed pride swell in her chest.

Well, pride and some other things she needed to forget about while her mother-in-law was just on the other side of the door.

"My mother will slaughter me and she will laugh while my blood drips down her face because she's a maniac like that. The only thing she wouldn't do is eat my flesh 'cause I might not be a healthy source of meat because I put too much butter in my food!" She grumbled more to herself, barely moving her lips as she emerged from the closet in a pair of black women's boxer briefs, wrestling a gray tee on that an onlooker would think the garment had a life of its own.

She was expressing the very concerns she told Lauren about the night before, only now they were in metaphors and hyperboles with a touch of ridiculous.

Who was she kidding? It was without a doubt, down-right ridiculous and silly.

But that was her wife, and Lauren adored her.

Lauren didn't understand her choice of undergarment and in her head, she'd always pictured Camila in a scanty thong much like the one she wore in Vegas. But there was definitely no complaints. She had a feeling it wasn't one of those cotton panties that most women she knew wore on laundry day when they've used every other good pair they owned.